I want an antacid they doesn't affect the taste of beer.

A friend had baypass surgery two years ago and is also taking 325mb aspirin per day. AIUI, 75mg is recommended for those who have no history, yet.

--
  Keith
Reply to

That's very interesting! The only thing I could think of was that maybe it would cause something tending toward an explosion. ;-)

Reply to
tomg

No. That's what I was prescribed. As Keith points out 81mg (on our side of the pond) is "pre-event" or arthritis pre-scribed.

...Jim Thompson

Yep. I like my alcohol "neat", thank you ;-)

Same here, just as a general preventative.

I don't get indigestion... except as a masquerade for a heart attack... went for a week like that before the pain went down my arm... THEN I hustled to the ER. :-(

But I, ahem, drink 3+ glasses of wine a day ;-)

...Jim Thompson

In message , dated Mon, 28 Aug 2006, snipped-for-privacy@fullnet.com writes

If you did self-digest, you might well wish it would cause an explosion.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

In message , dated Mon,

28 Aug 2006, Keith writes

I have 'history' - AMCI, February 1998, and I'm on 75 mg. 325 mg does give a significant risk of internal bleeding.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

Did you miss the "enteric-coated" part. It goes thru the stomach undissolved and does its work in the intestine.

...Jim Thompson

As far as I can tell, all medications can damage the liver since it has to metabolise them.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

In message , dated Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Jim Thompson writes

Yes, I saw it. The stomach is not the only place where aspirin can cause bleeding. I bet you bruise very easily. I do, on 75 mg.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

I thinl coffee is good for the liver.

greg

Reply to
GregS

You bet wrong. I can't remember when I last had a bruise.

...Jim Thompson

In message , dated Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Jim Thompson writes

I infer that your small veins are so overawed by your personality that they don't dare to leak.(;-)

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

Sno-o-o-o-ort!

...Jim Thompson