Waves of sound through the galaxy interfere with each other

Hello,

I don't know how radio works, but I will assume the sound travels in all directions like a wave or an explosion.

Now suppose the universe is fullllll with advanced civilizations, all broadcast on different frequencies in all directions from different locations.

The theory goes as follows:

All these waves of sounds,radio,etc interfere with each other when we reach and observe them from a single location, so to us it looks like noise.

An experimental could verify if this could be happening:

For example a little software program or maybe you hardware people could experiment with it:

Simply encode some information into waves, broadcast them for different places.

Then the idea is to:

Observe these waves from different locations.

Different values will be read at the different locations because of their different positions.

Then maybe find matches in pattern to figure out from which direction the sound come.

Then cancel the waves with each other to get a clear signal or something like.

Maybe sometime when I have some time I try a software simulation of it.

Could be fun.

(I imagine like: a 2d array of colors/pixels, and some waves at some locations, rippling through the array to visualize it.

Then some positions here and there which observe the waves and ofcourse some broadcasters which broadcasts the waves.

The mission is to have the listeners focus on one wave/source and try to decode it.)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

reach

some

Whatever you're on - can I have some please???

Reply to
Steve Carroll

Electromagnetic waves don't interfere with each other. Or maybe you know more about this stuff than all the radio astronomers and NASA and SETI people.

You haven't signed up for that introductory physics couse yet, I see.

John

=2E You know, all you really have to do is tune the TV to an unused channel and then try to decode all the little black and white dots on the screen. The hard part is already done for you.

Please report back on your findings.....

Reply to
mpm

Multipath ??

...Jim Thompson

reach

some

Well, you got that part right! " I don't know how radio works." Maybe when you do learn how it works, how electromagnetic energy is generated and propogates and that "sound" does NOT travel through empty space, you will have a greater understanding of what goes on and which side of the bread the butter is on.

For openers, electromagnetic waves do NOT interfere or interact with each other as you imply. If they did, you would not be able to see the stars as individual points or be able to tune a radio.

Maybe you need to dig into the subject a little more before postulating a grand thory. Good luck.

Reply to
Bob Eld

Tell me about it. Happened again yesterday. All the digital channels cutting out one after the other, all analog channels just fine. Then in February 2009 ... poof.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Can't you get cable TV? Basic is pretty cheap, even "extended-basic", just about anything you would want except HBO, etc, is not very expensive.

At least here, with Cox, extended-basic doesn't even need a set-top box. Sets need capability to tune up to channel 125.

...Jim Thompson

Due to War Department insistence I do now also subscribe to HBO and Showtime ;-)

But I only have a set-top box in the Great Room, which is generally where we always watch movies.

But I distribute the set-top box analog output throughout the house on channel 4.

Thus my post about "IR over Coax" so I can control the set-top box from my office ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Lighten up. It's a fun post and it was a great opportunity to practice top posting.

Reply to
Don Bowey

I see we've entered a new 11 year sunspot cycle so you should see more and more of that. Six and 10 Meters should be gobs of fun.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Radio waves weren't used for this experiment..

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

Might have to in 2009, until then the analog stuff works. It's $9/mo but I am pretty sure they would make us pay through the nose to lay the cable unless we sign up for one of the fancy expensive packages. Basic Satellite is supposedly only $6 but probably also only if you buy the stuff at the company store and at company prices.

What irks me is that de-facto they took away the freedom to watch OTA programming in some areas like ours. Analog works better, plain and simple.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I think it's fairer to say that "analog *degrades* better." :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I see we have an ambiguity over the meaning of "interfere"

EM waves in space pass right through each other without interacting. As someone noted, this is why we can see the stars.

A wave "interferes" with a copy of itself at a detector; this is phase addition/cancellation.

John

He's on troll time. Seems to have worked too.

--

Shaun.
Reply to

Joerg wrote in news:xE7jj.39848$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net:

CABLE does not have to switch to digitalTV. They can send analog NTSC down their cable if they choose to.

BTW,about the post topic;since when do sound waves propagate in a vacuum? (they also are not electromagnetic waves)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

didn't the OP say "waves of SOUND"? sound waves don't propagate in a vacuum.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

IFYPFY

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

You two idiots are meant for each other.

Try to learn how to snip next time, dipshit.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored