I/O expander

Hi all Could you tell me that what does "I/O expander" do? Moreover; please tell me some references about the "phase shifter" (for any waveform).

Regards;

Reply to
ECS.MSc.SOC

Home work?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

NO,

Reply to
ECS.MSc.SOC

Expands I/O. Next question?

Shifts phase. GIGO

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

In 1980 I built an 8085 kit with an IO expander. It was a chip that had many pins for Input and Output signals. It connected to a CPU chip with fewer pins for IO. Thus, it provided a function where the number of IO pins were increased or Expanded.

Reply to
Globemaker

Something like this could be considered as an IO expander a long with other nifty goodies on it

as far phase shift goes, it looks like you're trying to work a little with angular offsets. BUt then again, I could be wrong, not the first time.

A little Pie and a little Omega goes a long ways! :)

I'll let you do your own home work..

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Then what brings up such questions? General questions like this are usually the forte of classroom homework.

Perhaps it's just my lack of imagination, but I'm having a hard time understanding a non-classroom context for asking what an I/O expander does. The term is fairly precise and you either know what it does, or else I've no idea where you came up with the term in the first place. Outside a classroom, I mean. So what's the context other than that?

And asking for _references_ about "phase shifters," without saying what kind of references in particular you are looking for and the odd way of saying "for any waveform?" really tasks my imagination as to how that comes about outside of a classroom setting. What is the context for a question like that, too?

I think you owe a little more to those you expect answers from, than merely "no."

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Particularly from one with the name "ECS.MSc.SOC". One that had earned that moniker would know the answer to such a question.

The answer *is* no.

Reply to
krw

ECS.MSc.SOC a écrit :

Io was a priestess of Hera, but frankly I don't know how to expand it.

Phase shift is when, for example you boil water and change it from liquid phase to vapor phase. So fire or cold can be said to be phase shifters.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Perhaps a speculum analyser.....

(sorry, very poor taste)

Reply to
Dennis

Insufficient data to process request.

Both terms submitted are context sensitive.

Google will provide you with 7,200,000 links to "I/O expander" Good Luck.

Reply to
W8CCW

42

Martin Riddle

I think we already have our answer. The question remains. :)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Yeah, but how does I/O expander mix with phase shifter? Two different classes?

multiplexing phase shifter?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold