Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)

Hi all.

I want to minimise the THD for the multiplier, which is simulated by LTSPICE. I use a command for that, but I do not know that what is the normal THD. In other words, what is the maximum value THD can be acceptable.

Regards

Reply to
ECS.MSc.SOC

For what? If it's a mixer in a communications receiver, lots. If it's a volume control for a stereo, very little.

How's the other homework going?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

could you tell me about the accepted THD in mixer (Please give a range of number). please give some references about that Ihave done all the coursework.:D

Reply to
ECS.MSc.SOC

Have a look at Page 3 of the Mini-Circuits SRA-1 datasheet,

(We're happy to help students round here, but you have to show some effort--our doing people's homework is boring and doesn't help anyone in the long run.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs