I am building a simple FM radio transmitter

Well, its not so simple for me actually. Thats the project I have chosen for this semester. The most basic circuit I have found on Internet is this:

Please tell me what does BC547 doing here and what is its alternative? and please do tell me more about that electret microphone. Thanks

Reply to
qoo

The BC547 is a sinple small signal transistor. A NTE123AP is equivalant.

The electret mic requires a battery potential to make it work. It has an internal fet buffer inside which acts more like a current amplifier. Most small capsules will work.

greg

Reply to
GregS

internal fet

will work.

The URL gives a good explanation of the circuit too. Interesting little bug....

- Tim -

Reply to
Tim