Jim Williams

I just received word that Jim Williams suffered a massive stroke on Saturday morning, and is not expected to live.

Reply to
Jim MacArthur

Here's hoping the best for Jim. I've greatly enjoyed his books, his inventiveness, and yes, even his hacks.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Thanks for letting us know, Jim, this is very sad. Praying that he won't have to suffer for long.

No matter what happens, his legacy will live on. Many young engineers will avoid lots of pitfalls by reading his books and application notes.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I'm finding nothing on the web. Maybe it's just a rumor? ...Jim Thompson

Ouch. We will miss him.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I bet Jim McArtur wouldn't have posted it if he didn't know for sure. Since it happened yesterday LTC won't likely publish it even if they had press staff in house on a weekend (which is unlikely). I am sure they'd first ask his family whether ok to publish.

My hope is that he won't have to suffer too much.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Usually there's no suffering at all, the patient is unconscious.

The hard part is for the family, the decision to remove life support, BTDT :-( ...Jim Thompson

You never know. There have been people who came back and then said they had pain and could hear everything, but not react.

Same here :-(

This is why it is very important to communicate to people around you what you want done or not done, well before something happens. That takes a lot of the post-decision guilt away from family members.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Sad. Thanks for letting us know.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

"The Journey is the reward"

eff.com

Jim Williams has died.

Wanderer

Did anyone here know him? I met him briefly, a couple of times, at the Foothill flea market. He seemed to be a quiet, almost shy person who was genuinely fascinated with all sorts of electronics.

His two books on analog circuit design are wonderful, again symbolic of his wide range of interests and of his modesty.

John

=A0"The Journey is the reward"

//

speff.com

Sigh, Sad news, but Thanks. I so enjoyed his writing style. Kind of chatty, like you were looking over his shoulder, as he hacked around.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

How old was Jim? ...Jim Thompson

=A0"The Journey is the reward"

://

.speff.com

read on some top-10 list on eetimes that he was born in 1953, so not that old

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

I don't have either one of his books in my library. Does anybody know if there is a (for money) download site. I don't mind paying the price but my treeware bookshelf overfloweth.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

You can get it for kindle and use the free kindle reading app.

Reply to
Wanderer

I already have it in paper ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Wow, younger than me! A real shame, on a couple of levels he was a major contributor to technology!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Here is a bit more background info about Jim Williams, and some really interesting anecdotes:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Is this the Jim Williams that used to work for Linear Technology?

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to