I look at a print and found two I can't figure out a resistor marked 0j47 & 6j8

There are two resistor values I don't know One is 0j47 and the other is 6j8

Reply to
Jonwayne1951

My first thought is 0.47 and 6.8 Ohms, J = +/- 5%. Would those values make sense in your circuit?

If it had been 0k47 and 6k8, I would have thought it might mean .47K and

6.8K Ohms. But that does not work for a J!

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

Or 'j' means 'R' in the native language of the schematic-writer? But I could see someone using it as a precision marker.

--
Tim Wescott
I'm looking for work!  See my website if you're interested

I guess they must be imaginary resistances...

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

That's it!