2D Resistor

Is there such a thing as a "resistor pad"? I need a way to select a point that represents 2 resistor values. Basically I want to combine the use of two pot's into one "pad". The x axis represents one of the pots and the y axis another pot.

Not sure if they make such a thing but maybe if it was just a sensor for x-y position and it programmed two active resistors(but I need high voltage).

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Analog resistive touchscreens work like this, sort of. Presumably the touchpads on laptops do too, although I guess they could be using other techniques (capacitive perhaps).

Can you just use an analog joystick somehow?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Warm up the time machine and set it for 1985:

You're not plugging my Koala Pad to no high voltages! Besides it's breaking, the top plastic film on the pad is bubbling and peeling off. (SUCKS)

So what's wrong with a laptop's touch pad and then somehow get this information to a MOSFET (your "active resistors")?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Are you sure he doesn't mean an L-pad or T-pad?

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise