I hate america

I hate cilantro.

John

I doubt if any one will reply to you

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Ah, but he is Martin Griffith.

I am Any Two and...... I dont see that Any One has replied to you yet.

Kindest ETC

Any Two

Reply to
Any Two

I dont really, just thought i might get popular if i posted something like this.

Reply to
The Real Andy

You did.

Reply to
The Real Andy

That's what the Dixie Chicks thought, too. ;-)

I guess they forgot who their target demographic was back home.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

Yes, the media executives, who yanked their material.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

What a bunch of leftist weenie crap.

...Jim Thompson

The media execs would only pull an act if is was losing money. Good grief, go to a movie or watch TV. Do you see *any* principles on display?

John

The record doesn't support that claim. On the other hand, the right-wing criticism was loud and furious, and radio-station executive responded by banning their music. The first strong resulting action came when "a Colorado radio station suspended two of its disc jockeys for playing music by the Dixie Chicks in violation of a ban on their music." Quoting Wikipedia.

Next, "the Chicks are about to give a stadium concert when the electricity suddenly goes out - but they manage to electrify the stadium all by themselves, belting out a rousing "a capella" version of "Cowboy Take Me Away" to the raving cheers of the fans." Does that sound like their paying fanbase didn't support them? It's claimed the Clear Channel Communications' ban on playing the Dixie Chicks' music was coordinated by top executives who wanted to curry favor among the Bush administration and Republicans in Congress for policies such as relaxation of media ownership rules. Clear Channel Communications has a bad rep for actions like that.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

snip stuff that is rather confusing to a non us person/alien/who lives somewhere else in theworld does this sum it up?

???

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

I read in sci.electronics.design that martin griffith wrote (in ) about 'I hate america', on Sun, 2 Oct 2005:

Not really; I hoped it would say who or what the Dixie Chicks are or were. (;-)

John Woodgate

Thompson's postulate: The sum of mammary tissue plus brain tissue is a constant ;-)

...Jim Thompson

AIUI, "tissue" is 3-dimensional ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

[snip]

Man certainly IS a strange creature... amazing what a nipple will do to one's otherwise rational thought processes ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I read in sci.electronics.design that Ken Taylor wrote (in ) about 'I hate america', on Mon, 3 Oct 2005:

Dolly Parton didn't seem to have that problem, I believe.

John Woodgate

They were singers of some note (pun intended) before making the wild assumption that their breast size would overcome politics when they opened their mouths to (shock horror!) exercise their right to free speech.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Well, payola is alive and well in pop music, so I guess you're right that their support is critical. ;-)

But what I really meant is that as some kind of country act (I haven't actually heard their music, but I assume they are some kind of country act) they should be aware that their fans are likely to be, on balance, more pro-Bush than the opposite. Obviously many of their fans are not pro-Bush, or are willing to put aside a few ad-lib comments made overseas, but still.

Anyway, I don't care one way or the other about what they said.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

Dolly Parton's voice is, at least in my opinion, more than enough talent to explain her success. I don't think her bosom had anything to do with it.

As for her target demographic requiring women to be opinion-less, I can't say. But I like her voice. I especially liked that album she did with Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris. Trio, I think it was called.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac

c'mon Jim, it needs at least a square function in it, like the body mass index has, (whatever its called)

martin

Reply to
martin griffith