I dare say

On a sunny day (Sun, 15 Dec 2013 17:37:56 GMT) it happened Jan Panteltje wrote in :

Source:

Compile: gcc -O2 -Wall -o FDS132_matrix_display FDS132_matrix_display-0.1.c

Runs on: Raspberry Pi revision B

Usage: FDS132_matrix_display < textfile.txt

Circuit diagram:

This is a test sofware. The characters are spaced 8 pixels, 6 is possible, that requires some bit shifting in the arrays (and set spi_write() to 6 bits). The program exits on EOF, if you do not want that remove that if(feof(stdin) ) line. This can be used with netcat over the LAN.

You can make simple graphic symbols in the control character spaces in the font header. This was a font with true descenders, I moved those upwards, and I shortened the 'j' so the point on it would still fit. I changed the standard ASCII for some German character support (it is indicated in the source).

There are still bugs, compiler will warn you... Forgot to fix those, font was quite a bit of work. Bugs fly. :-)

The display looks cool from a distance, very nice to also have lower case. Scroll speed (stdin read speed) can be set in the source where it says % 40 or something.

Its reliable, been running all day.

nuf

Reply to
Jan Panteltje