I can't pay next month's rent...

I am famous, hear my roar, I am so very easy, to ignore.

My CV/resume is

I've been writing to some people lately. But, only one person even sent me an email. It's about an invention I came up with. I've got a bunch of inventions. But, I can't even trade my best one just for a regular job. Not one job offer in 1.5 years.

almo

(1) Leave Florida? (2) Sign-up with a job shop?

...Jim Thompson

Use a picture where you don't look drunk, or stoned?

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!
Reply to

loser

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Job Shop???? My phone rings off the hook every day. Florida??? I have nothing to do with Florida. Florida is just where the river of life dropped me off. I'm comfortable anywhere in the world. Florida is just where I pick up my mail at the moment.

Reply to
almo

Dickhead...you just made yourself famous. Search your name on Goggle, then search my name. Although, you've apparently got some world recognition because of a sig file. Jeez...what the hell's a sig file? I've killed 10,000 people in Iraq and Afghanistan; GWI and GWII (a.k.a. Gulf War, or George W.) If an F/A-18 kills a tank, the pilot pushed my button. If a Kiowa Warrior helicopter kills anything, and it kills things all the time these days...if it's a Hellfire missile, or just for ranging, well...every single button on the co-pilot's side of that flimsy thing does exactly what I wanted it to do, and it always works. Unfortunately, there's a missing button. It's the most important button in that helicopter, but it ain't there. The Army wouldn't give me a button. And my picture...I was drunk and stoned. Who cares? But that doesn't disqualify me from working for the CIA. Go to their site and read their drug policy. It's very liberal...to say the least. But, you've gotta "sig file." I am in shock-n-all- that-sh*t. The chicks must really dig you. Do you copy that...over!

Reply to
almo

btw, thanks for visiting my website...you just bumped me up one notch on google, and every search engine in the entire world. Keep clicking...keep clicking...read everything!

Reply to
almo

And you wonder why you can't get work?

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

Not one job offer in 1.5 years.

Leave Florida???

Leave the US! (All the engineering jobs already have....)

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

You might consider not having bugs in the HTML of your webpage.

Google ranking is unchanged by someone visiting a website. How do I know this? By studying Google and learning how to get a high ranking. The results so far:

#1 ranking when Googling: [ electronics engineer resume ] [ california engineer resume ] [ orange county engineer resume ]

First page / first actual resume found when Googling: [ engineer resume ] [ electrical engineer resume ] [ orange county resume ] [ los angeles resume ] [ orange county engineer ]

( Recently dropped to #2 for [ electronic engineer resume ] to a fellow in Tennessee; need to bump that one up...)

--
Guy Macon
Reply to

I think I see your problem... (Sorry Don.)

Now, Allan, repeat after me:

"Do you want fries with that burger?"

Once you have that down, go to the local McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, or wherever, and get a job.

Reply to
PeterD

Actually, if you can pick out an apple pie from a lineup, ask for the Assistant Manager Application! And tenchically, it's "Want fries with dat?" (i.e., ebonics, rap, or whatever..)

If you speak proper english, you're probably overqualified. You could also try: "paper or plastic?", or even "Oh yeah, what kind of bass strings you use?" (Musician's joke. Probably won't translate too well...)

-mpm

But seriously, maybe a call to Aerotek would be worthwhile for you. It's a contract house. A lot of friends and colleagues have had success with them. Worth a shot.

Reply to
mpm

Prescription: more humility, less neurosis.

Reply to
Tolstoy

I figured that was *way* beyond his skill level...

Reply to
PeterD

I am fluent in English. I used to have a Hollywood literary agent. Wrote for Jay Leno, other people, one "Home Improvement" show.

And, Aerotek has called me a couple times, but nothing has happened. I've applied for several jobs in civil service, like DARPA, CIA, Navy, etc. And, although I just lost an Army contract that I thought I would win, (the Army's own expert on that solicitation was my consultant,) I did a Navy proposal that I think was pretty good, so I could win that, which would solve all my problems. And, as always, I've got a couple contract jobs pending, that I'm being submitted for as of yesterday. And, only last week did I find out that a major patent was issued with my name on it as co-inventor. It's "BIG" in India according to this

And the US
And there's 33 claims, so it is a big patent. Too bad I didn't find out until it popped up on Google the other week. Looks good on a resume.

And, you are correct...I don't get the "musician's joke." But, I used to have a Fender Precision bass. Don't recall the strings. Good bass guitar though. At last count I have 10 electric guitars, and 2 acoustics. And, I have an electric piano. Worked my way through college playing in bands 2 or 3 nights/week. I had Crybaby Wah, phase shifter, and other stuff, and a really nice Fender Twin Reverb, with factory JBL's. But the ex-wife sold that amp, and everything in it, out from under me. I had a vintage Ampeg Gemini amp, and a very rare and vintage Ampeg bass amp. I had a Gibson SG, then went to a Les Paul sunburst. Now I've got a nice Strat, it's American-made, and another Strat that I picked up cheap. And, aside from the Strat, I have an Aria Pro II that plays really nice. I keep the Ameriican Strat tuned in a drop-D for playing slide. I've got a classic Silvertone 1558?, almost exactly like the one Jimmy Page used sometimes in Led Zep. And I've been to the Fender factory in California, when I lived out there - a neighbor of mine was head of QA at Fender.

So, anyway, I work 7 days/week, doing something technical. But, this is the first time I've been totally unemployed. Strangely, I sent an email to a cool robotics company in Canada, Solarbotics.com, and the president emailed me back and he liked my website, but he told me I would probably be bored working at his company. Jeezzz...I can't get a boring job, and I can't get an interesting job because the guy thinks I'll be bored. So this week I'm targeting some of robotics companies.

Reply to
almo

Yawn. Yet another arrogant and ignorant asshole.

Really? Then why aren't you working for them? I guess that their anti-asshole policy keeps you out.

You are a really sad example of a human being. You brag about killing people. Do you kick dogs, too? The link you posted isn't going to impress anyone, and your website should be listed at

My work was for saving lives: top of the line telemetry equipment for NASA, NOAA and DOD. Are any of your "Buttons" in space?

Sell your computer, then tell your pimp that you need more 'Johns' to support your habit, bitch. Do you copy that...over!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Whoopee! I was the number one rank if you searched for my name, for over a year. Then Google changed their ranking, and it dropped off the front page.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

;-D

Bob

Reply to
BobW

I'm still on page 2, behind country singers and junk. :-(

Tim

Tim Williams

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net...

They probably save the front page for George Bush. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Ha!!!

-mpm

Reply to
mpm