Looking to rent a data generator. Advice needed...

Hi all,

I need to find a digital data generator available for rent (i.e. I need something standard) that I could use to generate two 16-bit phase shifted sine waves. It should support sampling rates up to 70 MHz and have an external clock option. So far, the best I could find is Agilent pattern generator modules for their modular logic analyzer, which I would have to rent as well... Can anyone recommend a cheaper solution?

Thanks, /Mikhail

Reply to
MM

The AD9954 DDS evaluation board is available off-the-shelf (circa $250) and comes with PC software to drive it. It's certainly capable of your desired programmable phase shift, the gotcha is that it's only 14 bits.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

I actually have this board :) The problem is that I need a digital source to drive a DAC board.

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM

I interfaced a pair of AD9852 eval boards with a National Instruments PCI-6534, then spinning a quick level translator board to move the signal levels down to 3.3V. After experiencing great grief along the way, let me mark that down as NOT a recommended solution.

Let's go back to the specs. If you've already got DDS chips handl>

Reply to
Rob Gaddi

The DDS has nothing to do with my original question. I need to test a DAC (AD9786) board and it will only accept a digital signal.

/Mikhail

Reply to
MM