Hydrogen Peroxide vapor - Production line safe?

Your boss is a homicidal maniac, if possibly unintentionally.

Show him the MSDS, highlighting the inhalation limit.

If that doesn't convince him, tell him you will be contacting OSHA momentarily, and you also don't care about saying this out loud and risking losing your job, because ~f*ck that~.

Inanimate objects can be disinfected, through various means, peroxide mist/vapor being one such option, yes. This must be done in a closed vessel, properly vented before people move in to handle the contents.

Honestly if he's already shown he's willing to go around with toxic chemicals, you may wish to skip the first step and just sound the alarm. An ignorant murderer is still a murderer, and better off kept away from society.

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Design Website:

So his latest craze is he bought an atomizer on Amazon and wants to saturate the office / and production line / with H2O2 vapor. (BTW, I have no idea if the atomizer itself is compatible with H2O2.)

My question is: Is this safe for things you would ordinarily find in an engineering space? Plastics, computers, keyboards, components, circuit board, components, large screen, HDTV monitors, etc...

I'm asking because the last time he went on a binge like this it was with

91% Isopropyl Alcohol in a spray bottle. He went around the office spraying everyone's keyboards and work stations. (So heavy, that the keys were wet to the touch!). And in the process, pretty much ruined (4) Microsoft Surface keyboards, which are now all white at the key edges, and look like crap.

I managed to STOP him today by hiding the vaporizer deep in the warehouse inventory, but that is only a temporary "fix". If it is indeed safe for plastics and metals, then so be it. But I always understood H2O2 to be pretty reactive with just about everything in sight.

Comments? Suggestions?

Reply to
Tim Williams

Yes, this is common in alcohol-burner stoves and sometimes shellac solvent. There were (back in Prohibition days) lots of OTHER toxic additives, and many deaths resulted.

Today, lots of the alcohol sanitizer lotions have a bittering agent added. So, if you use one of those hand sanitizers, be sure to wash your hands before handling food.

A slice of apple tastes really foul when your fingerprints have that contaminant. Toxicity, one hopes, is low.

Reply to
whit3rd

"Lots" of residues or impurities of unknown original the remainder of

70% is not analyzed in the contents. Someone else cleared up the history of additives to poison those who drink it no long in use. Some IPA's leave a white residue. Sorry if that contradicts your experience. I do apologize and Sociopathy does NOT apply to me. I try to be logical and give others the benefit of the doubt. When you fail to reason, you are sinister. Don't bother answering, I see this is a stale thread. You see no benefit to my suggestions to improve your health. So be it. end of story. Let me be honest, there are more critics with power to brainwash you into fear of the terrible stats on COVID-19. I see it as an opportunity to make health improvements in lifestyle. That was my intent with my analogy of a positive offence is better than a passive defence. But if your contribution is just to mock it, You are the fool , not me.. Just sayin'
Reply to
Tony Stewart

Same impression here.

Best regards, Piotr