mercury vapor tetrodes

Does anyone make and sell them besides the one specially made by Leybold?

-- Ignorantly, Allan Adler

  • Disclaimer: I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT CSAIL. My actions and
  • comments do not reflect in any way on MIT. Also, I am nowhere near Boston.
Reply to
Allan Adler

Also triodes.

The RCA manual mentions several gas filled tubes, some of which are called "glow discharge tubes" and others not, but none are specifically identified as mercury vapor tubes.

The reason I care about mercury vapor tubes is that I am under the impression that the density of the vapor can be controlled by heating the tube. The reason I think that is that at room temperature the mercury would be a liquid, and as the temperature goes up, there is more mercury vapor and less liquid. With noble gas tubes, one wouldn't be able to control the pressure of the gas.

--
Ignorantly,
Allan Adler