Proximity Fuse Amplifier production Line 1950's

We all admire JL's new pcb production system and most wish we could have our own. But there is another type of automated production line that is very interesting.

Back in the 1950's, a production line was set up to make proximity fuse amplifiers. If you have 20 minutes to spare, take a look at this fascinating system:

The entire system was apparently designed by one man, Bill Rough.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Cool.

Prox fuzes were amazing. I have some schematics and a couple of tubes.

Good book:

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Nice, big pots of molten lead bubbling and boiling spilling all over the floor

Reply to
bitrex

That account is total bullshit, the author is delusional.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

A bunch of mindless nerds working for an oppressive government out to kill a bunch of third world people in rebellion against rampant, imperialistic thievery of their natural resources...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Interesting article here:

Reply to