How to connect the lamp?

Hi, my name is Draconian Karmanutti, and I am a student of the University of Bungledoom in Idiana. My assignement is to connect the 12 volt 10 mA supply to the

230V 100 W lightbulb.

I tried with copper wires, but it does not light up, maybe I should use alu wires? Or need the copper wires be on a PCB? Can I use wood for the PCB? Also should I use the transistor to amply the light? You professional opinnion I await with great expectation, please help me to complte this circuit.

Yours trolley Draconian Karmanutti.

Reply to
Draconian Karmanutti

Why would you expect it to light up? Please explain how a light bulb works.

Reply to
MooseFET

Read the headers. It's TURD trying to be funny.

...Jim Thompson

It did. You just missed it. Upon initial connection, there was an impulse response of a few nanosecond. You are just too slow to catch it.

Reply to
linnix

It's simple. Get twenty 12-volt lead-acid batteries. Charge each, one at a time, from the 12 volt power supply. Allow about three weeks to charge each... you can surely do the math based on the amp-hour capacity. You may have to deal with battery self-discharge, but you can Google that. Do you have Google in India?

When they're all charged up, wire them in series and connect to the light.

Doing my part for international brotherhood,

John

Sno-o-o-ort ;-)

Didn't the header of aioe.org mean anything to you??

...Jim Thompson

Hello Drac. First you must sacrifice a goat to Wotan. This is not my idea -- I have it on good authority from a blond guy. I was listening throught the tent. He said more, but I can't remember.

Reply to
gearhead

Upon which altar?

You/he left out some vital information.

Gurgling and slurping sounds?

Reply to
Hattori Hanzo

Secret herbs and spices, maybe? What kind of spices go good with goat anyway...?

Reply to
mpm

--
Idiana.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

Got nothing Googling on "Bungledoom". Is the OP a friend of Doctor Jones and miss-interpreted the Temple as University?

Reply to
linnix

Arsenic.

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Easiest way I can think of is to cut the mains lead from the 12 power supply (UNPLUG it first, dummy!)

Then strip the ends of the mains flex, solder these to the lightbulb, plug in and switch on.

Hey Presto Light!

--

Highfields Amateur Radio Club: http://highfields-arc.co.uk
Reply to

You are 4 days late. We call it April Fool. It is a day of spoofing fools.

Reply to
Charles

Beats a turd trying to be chummy...

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Well, they're both flat and both East of here, so no big deal.

John

Dimbulb is a fool 24/7/365.24

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If this is a UF base light bulb, you need to connect it like this:

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Stupidity kills. But not nearly often enough.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Geez...this is more goofy than my 2007 parody post entitled 'I can't get my piece of wire to work'.

University??... I learned this stuff in high school physics.

D from BC British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

And what the hell are you, besides being an ignorant, worthless troll? No formal education beyond high school, eh, you really took on life's challenges in a big way didn't you, pussy...

Reply to
Fred Bloggs