How is IEEE 802.11 bb different from IrDA ?

Very recently, IEEE released the standards for the IEEE 802.11bb, for line-of-sight, secure communications between devices at near infrared. How is this different from IrDA, the standards for which were released around 1993. I did some investigation, but could not get anything concrete about it.

Reply to
amal banerjee

Yeah, that's how it was used, but... I was always bummed that engine computers used a special electrical connector, hidden somewhere inside the engine compartment, when they could just as easily have been implemented in IRDA on the instrument panel, or next to the vehicle number behind the windshield.

Reply to
whit3rd

the OBD connector must be somewhere within reach when sitting in the drivers seat

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen