How does digital TV broadcast prevent ghosting effects?

But it's still plywood. Coulda been real wood ...

A carpenter in the old world once told me that plywood corner, no matter what, aren't s'posed to be seen. Ever.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

"real wood"... I'd need a mortgage to pay for it ;-)

Oak quarter-round.

...Jim Thompson

Yeah, I remember that promise "Lumber prices will not go up because of the tariffs and yada, yada, yada ..." Suddenly the wood for the deck replacement cost $1000 instead of $700.

Acceptable. Ok to continue with project :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I just moved a couple of hundred bf of Ash and eight maple (complete with tap holes) 2x10x8s around the country for the third time (from MI to NY in '84ish, from NY to VT in '93, and now to OH). I took a couple of hundred bf of red oak paneling to the dump because I didn't think I could take it all in the UHaul (the ash and maple are in better shape). It's not all that expensive if you know where to get it and buy more than a board at a time.

Rabbit or dado.

--
  Keith
Reply to

BTW, this shows how much "effort" the FCC seems to put into this. We have tons of digital VHF right here in town. Channel 10, channel 13 etc. But lots of multipath dropout.

Ain't going to cut it out here, need VHF.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Ken

On a sunny day (Sat, 01 Dec 2007 08:49:28 +0100) it happened Ken wrote in :

I use one like that, but what is the funny wires at the top?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jan Panteltje snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

Well the "wires" looks to be nylon wire ties (a dielectric) so it will have some effect on the EM field. I would like to have an EM field solver and some accurate dimensions. That is a good photo, it is worth zooming in on.

Reply to
JosephKK

On a sunny day (Sat, 01 Dec 2007 04:57:53 -0800) it happened JosephKK wrote in :

Maybe against birds? I also notice this one has directors in front, mine has not.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jan Panteltje hath wroth:

They're probably plastic ty-wraps and are to keep the birds off the antenna.

Personally, I prefer a plastic owl at the top of the mast. I was stuffing Wi-Fi access points inside plastic owls for minimum visual impact until the city asked me to stop.

I don't know about this model:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

On a sunny day (Sat, 01 Dec 2007 11:20:30 -0800) it happened Jeff Liebermann wrote in :

Funny, did you read the comments? 'does not work'. Mainly crows here, they have caused damage at times. But they did not sit on the antennas.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Except that your TV maps the UHF digital channel to whatever number the station wants in your TV set. KOVR-TV is on 13, KOVR-DT is on channel 25. KXTV is 10 and 61. That later one may shift to 10 after the cutoff, as I think 61 is going to get auctioned off. (If you have a set old enough to display snow instead of a bluescreen, a digital channel comes in as all black, or black with some white snow).

Yea, I wonder what the Spokane stations are going to use. All around the farmlands, they had huge deep fringe antennas on hilltops aimed at Mt. Spokane, at least 125 miles away. Probably all small dish users, now.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier