TV broadcast frequencies

I'm trying to make sure that a dvd recorder I buy is compatible with Irish broadcast channels. I've found out from some websites that Irish channels are broadcast on VHF Band III (mostly), and I've also found out that the dvd recorder takes VHF channels. The only thing I don't know is what band of VHF it takes. Can I assume that if it takes the VHF channels, then it takes bands I, II and III?

Thanks.

Reply to
AnLaoch

I don't know if this helps or not...