Hot plate regulator again.

Hot plate maxes out at 1000W, selected regulating triac is nte56004.

200V, 15A. I'll try taking an off-the-shelf dimmer and swap in the new triac. Should work right? Ken
Reply to
Ken S. Tucker

I assume the reason you want to swap the new triac into the OTS (off the shelf) dimmer is to get a higher wattage than the OTS dimmer's rating. Heat sink size might be a consideration - I'm guessing it won't be big enough.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Maybe not. This device has high gate current, many dimmers are made for triacs with low gate current. Heaters are normaly controlled with full cycles, dimmers are phase controlled.

Reply to
cbarn24050