rpm of BLCD

Hello,

I'm reading through this datasheet:

page 17, first table: "ANG_REG: Angle Shift Control Register". With ARNG[1:0] I can set the working range of the angle predictor. I may choice among 24-2400, 48-4800 and 192-19200 rpm.

Does the ANG[4:0] set the desired speed? So have I only 5 bits of resolution?

Thanks Marco

Reply to
Marco Trapanese

No, the speed is set by Vout and the back emf of the motor, in the same way a PM brushed DC motor is. The ANG value is the angle offset from the hall devices, you can use this to field weaken the motor or to correct motors that are aligned offset.

So have I only 5 bits of

Reply to
cbarn24050