Hot air soldering station recommendation

Hi

I am trying to get my lab up to speed, so now I need a hot air soldering station

Seen this one:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33034086674.html?pid80%8_0000_0131&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.33034086674&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id82%2amp-QKibdmRAN4hCllCLcM0CAA1580243088270&browser_id=b1e4e133b2d5400298ff0d819e9ba525&is_c=Y&gclid=null

Cheap, but any good?

Other recommendation that does not blow the bank?

Regards

Klaus

Re: Hot air soldering station recommendation

Yes - I have a recommendation.

When it arrives, be sure to run it long enough to kill all the China Coronavirus it will ship with, and then burn all the packaging.  :)

Re: Hot air soldering station recommendation

Too funny!

Unfortunately, I have friends "vacationing" there, presently.  I have
NO plans on "catching up" with them for a month or two after they've
proven themselves "free of any nasties"!

Worrying about The Flu is one thing... but THAT has got to be
a frigging nightmare!!

Re: Hot air soldering station recommendation

Piffle! Read about diseases imported into the Americas by the
Spanish conquistadores. Those killed over 90% of the native
population. In just a few decades they were virtually gone.
_That_ is scary.

Jeroen Belleman

Re: Hot air soldering station recommendation

The difference, here, is *I* don't want to be one of those "native
Americans"!  :>

Re: Hot air soldering station recommendation
Bought this one, good reviews for chinese crap:

#Aliexpress US $42.00  25%OFF | Black Eruntop 8586D+ Double Digital Display  Electric Soldering Irons +Hot Air Gun Better SMD Rework Station Upgraded 8586
https://a.aliexpress.com/_sA9hKL

Re: Hot air soldering station recommendation

IME the hot air part of these cheap ones works well, but the soldering
iron is poor.  I have similar but also a decent separate iron.

Cheers
--
Clive

Re: Hot air soldering station recommendation

My experience is the same as Clive's.  The hot air will be useful, you will hate the iron.

Re: Hot air soldering station recommendation
Yes, I saw that mention in a review (funny, most of the reviews are russian, go figure)

I have 3 weller irons, so I only need the hot air one

Cheers

Klaus

Site Timeline