Weller AG 700 hot air station questions

Hi all,

if this is not the correct group for this type of questions, please be gentle and point me in the right direction.

I have just won an eBay auction for a Weller AG 700 hot air soldering station. It isn't as described in the auction, apart from that it is incomplete, and moreover I think it might be defective. Could anybody perhaps help me with the following questions?

1) I am looking for a user manual for this station. Or maybe someone can answer this question off the top of his head. With all the Weller stations I have used in my life, the LED that signalizes the correct temperature either blinked regularely while the station was heating up and was permanently on when the correct temperature was reached. Some, I think, did it vice versa, i. e. permanently on when the station was heating up and blinking regularely when the temperature was reached.

The station I've bought does nothing of this. It flickers quite irregularely regardless of how long the station has been powered on. Is this normal with this type of station?

2) The hot air pencil that came with this station seems to be incomplete. I can't describe it the way I'd like to since I am not a native speaker, but I will try.

The tubular thingie with the round hole at the tip is loose. I can simply pull it off, in which case I can see the heating element. Said tubular thingie has a couple of tiny holes at the end where the plastic handle begins. Most of the hot air passes through these holes, so what makes it to the tip isn't sufficient to even melt tin in the 500 degrees setting.

There is a thread at the plastic handle end, so I think there must be a part missing that a) fastens the tubular thingie and b) caps the holes so that all of the air reaches the tip. Unfortunately, there is no type number on this hot air pencil. It is 19cm long, the blue plastic handle is 11.8cm long. Does anybody know the type of this pencil or where I can find a closeup image (or, even better, the part that is probably missing?

A picture of this soldering station can be found here (not the seller I bought from):

but the pictures aren't good enough to get an idea about the part or parts that are missing on mine.

Thank you very much in advance

Frank

Reply to
Frank

The first 2 hits on google "weller ag700" offer the exploded parts list & diagram:

Might also try sci.electronics.equipment for the user manual.

Considered sending it back to the seller? If it was misrepresented, complain to ebay and give the seller a negative feedback!

Reply to
Ray L. Volts

Weller support in Europe

The AG700 is an earlier model, the AG 701 is the current model

gb

Reply to
gb