Hooking up a surround home theatre system

Hi ,

I have a yamaha YHT170S home theatre system and I was wondering if it is possible to hook basic tv upto it. I have already got my DVD,VCR and even turntable running through it but can't get the TV to come through.I don't have a cable box i just receive the basic channles everyone gets here in Toronto

Thanks RJ

Reply to
tych

You need a TV with audio out jacks.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

What does this have to do with design? It belongs on one of the TV related newsgroups.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If you look closely at the original post, which I just did, there's no question there. So it would seem to be a statement, not a question.

So obviously, the guy is saying that if things were properly designed, it wouldn't be so hard for him to hook it up.

So he posted here to influence designers in that quest of his?

Seriously, like too many posts here, it doesn't belong.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

it's a closer hit than middle east policy and whatnot that also goes here.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

there's audio out in the scart connector,

Why doen't someone make tv where you can to turn of the internal speakers and have the line level audio out _after_ the volume control? I usually end up using the headphone output, so I don't have to use one remote for the TV and another for the volume

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Scart? Not in this part of the world.