is there a way to connect a scart output DVD to a VGA computer screen?

please give a full answer thanks

Reply to
avraham.karpas

Not directly. But you could use what's called a "VGA box" that would do the conversion.

Reply to
OBones

Yes. Look for composite to vga converters. You can buy them. Buying is the the act of handing over money to a clerk and receiving a good, in this case said converter. You can then connect the converter to your DVD player using a thing called a cable which has "connectors" on both ends. One connector goes into the DVD player, one in the converter. Another cable connects the converter to the VGA screen. Interestingly, these cables are commonly called VGA cables.

Som much for the full answer. I will not give you suggestions for the converters themselves, since there are too many out there.

Oh, and since this is the electronics group, not the video group, yes, you can buy those converter chips online as well.

Reply to
Matthias Melcher

The display from a laptop is not a VGA monitor.. The laptop's motherboard has a separate interface for the LCD display. There are expensive conversion kits, that cost more than a new LCD VGA monitor.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Others have mentioned VGA boxes that take a (TV style) video input and convert that to VGA, which only works for a separate CRT or LCD monitor intended for connection to a VGA output from a PC.

If you already have a PC, even a laptop PC, and don't mind having it running when watching TV on your VGA screen, you could buy a TV Tuner type card that has a (TV style) video input and hook that up to a DVD player.

Possible problems here are Macrovision copy protection causing the TV Tuner to fail to use the signal, but it should work for non-copy protected DVD's.

Jeff

     safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett\'s Familiar Quotations (1919)
Reply to
Jeff Findley

On 13/09/2006 the venerable snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com etched in runes:

Please give a full question.

--
John B
Reply to

Yes, I believe the method is mentioned on page 638 of your PowerPoint Presentation manual.

It's been a while but, by now, PowerPoint should be associated with 'I'm a Wanker'. Rather like Gandtt Charts.

Most geeks have moved onto LaTeX which, although you would not be remotely interested in what they have to say either, makes getting the nice pictures through a Google search sort of difficult.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

42
Reply to
colin

On 14/09/2006 the venerable colin etched in runes:

Wrong!!! 42 is an answer not a question. Keep your towel handy.

--
John B
Reply to