Home Project, Mechanical Question...

in message

Doh! I type corrected. :-(

Sooey sooey sooey...

Reply to
My Name Is Tsu How Do You Do

But it does suggest a solution... small wheelbarrow wheel plus some hand-clamp arrangement to attach it. ...Jim Thompson

Obama isn't going to raise your taxes...it's Bush' fault:  Not re-
newing the Bush tax cuts will increase the bottom tier rate by 50%

(...)

Yup. Art's first suggestion looks very elegant and practical.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

REALLY Nice! Who is Art? A gmail/google poster? ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Obama isn't going to raise your taxes...it's Bush' fault: Not re- newing the Bush tax cuts will increase the bottom tier rate by 50%

Slick!

For a single-purpose cart, one could weld it together out of 1/4" HRS, I would imagine.

Who is Art? A gmail/google poster?

Another Newsguy denizen: "Artemus snipped-for-privacy@invalid.org"

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

It'd be hard to beat $131 shipped. ...Jim Thompson

Obama isn't going to raise your taxes...it's Bush' fault:  Not re-
newing the Bush tax cuts will increase the bottom tier rate by 50%

I'm posting via eternal-september since verizon killed my newsgroup access. Jim's filters may have me blocked. Art

Reply to
Artemus

(...)

Indeed. I was reading the wrong end of the header.

That dolly is still the cat's pajamas, though.

^- English is such a rich language!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I will back-track the headers and "white-list" Artemus ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Obama isn't going to raise your taxes...it's Bush' fault:  Not re-
newing the Bush tax cuts will increase the bottom tier rate by 50%

(...)

That'd depend on the reliability of your inventory.

Let's see. I've got several feet of 5" wide 1/4" thk HRS. I think I have some 5/8" rod stock, some washers and cotter pins. I would need to add these nifty wheels to the BOM:

eBay 190291454638

1) Cut and drill the workpieces 2) TIG a bottom on to the HRS, forming a "U" shape. 3) Weld the axles and gussets into place. 4) Slice out the middle of the axle inside the "U". 5) Grind, clean, prime and paint. 6) For the deluxe version, rivet bits of carpet to the contact surfaces.

Might run me as much as $30 all told.....

Gosh, I love tools! :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I think Jim may have missed my response for the same reason he missed Art's.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

(...)

I missed your response as well, Ed. Looking back at the entire thread, I see only one post from you. Could you repeat, please?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I backed out thru all references, I see only Ed's comment, above.

Any other eternal-september posters? Send me an E-mail via the website envelope icon. ...Jim Thompson

Obama isn't going to raise your taxes...it's Bush' fault:  Not re-
newing the Bush tax cuts will increase the bottom tier rate by 50%

Might have missed mine as well, since I didn't see Arts as well.

Martin Riddle

(...)

I caught both your responses on Thursday evening, Martin.

I'm having 'Center of Gravity' and 'logistic' concerns with the dinghy wheels as applied to a 10' tall folded table.

I just can't visualize myself getting a 10' folded table through a doorway quickly and gracefully using that setup.

Personally, I think Art's suggestion is the most workable:

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Jim, today I see Ed's original post from Thursday night. Quoted in it's entirety above (ASCII art handling practices!)

It is basically a wood version of Trojan's 'Dolly Cartin'.

It would probably go together about 20x faster than my steel imitation would. (And work just as well too.)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

These tables are those "LifeTime" tables you can buy at Sam's Club, relatively light, but cumbersome.

Martin's suggestion would work for a "flat" orientation, but not well "on-edge". ...Jim Thompson

Obama isn't going to raise your taxes...it's Bush' fault:  Not re-
newing the Bush tax cuts will increase the bottom tier rate by 50%

(...)

Until one was confronted with a doorway... :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Yep. I do have 36" or wider doorways, Just making turns in the hallways would be an issue. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | Obama isn't going to raise your taxes...it's Bush' fault: Not re- newing the Bush tax cuts will increase the bottom tier rate by 50%

I don't see it in their online catalog but my local big box store sells folding tables that have hinged tops. Instead of a plane 72" long, you get a rectangle about 30" by 36" with the legs folded inside.

It unfolds to a 30" x 72" surface.

Nifty!

--Winston

Reply to