Project Box

Anyone make a project box (plastic) this small...

Interior dimensions: 1" x 1.25" x 3" ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Check the 'cases' pages at All Electronics.

They have some that are just a little larger or smaller than the dimensions you listed.

Reply to
news

That's a travel toothbrush holder. :)

zero, and remove the last word.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I've got some about that size that I got a long time ago surplus. They're very nice die-cast aluminum, and I'm pretty sure that the blue paint on them is from DEC.

They look very Hammond-ish -- have you looked at the Hammond website? For that matter, have you looked on the DigiKey or Mouser web sites?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Jim doesn't look for anything. He has enablers on SED that do the work for him.

Reply to
miso

I was thinking along similar sort of lines - a lighter presentation case sprang to mind until I took a closer look at the narrow measurements.

Maybe something completely off the wall - like a presentation case for a fancy pen or even teenagers "dressing up" necklace type thing.

Some pharmacies in the UK sell ultra-slim reading glasses (about £5 last time I bought some) they're in an oval case a bit longer and narrower than specified, but other makes have jumped on the bandwaggon and some are not as compact.

Reply to
Ian Field

--
Interesting that, after all of your pretense to the contrary, it's
becoming more and more apparent that the match between you and
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

On the small side

Martin Riddle

Well since you're so clueless, there wouldn't be any point trying to explain it to you.

Reply to
Ian Field

Thanks, Martin! That PacTec one just might work. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

If you need the exact dimension, and if it is just for prototyping or a small number of boxes, you could design your own and print it at Shapeways. I've done this before for a prototype:

I've created this model in some minutes with ViaCAD 3D (the cheap version), nice CAD program. After painting the white plastic with metalic paint, it looked great :-)

Frank Buss, http://www.frank-buss.de
electronics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/frankbuss
Reply to
Frank Buss

Nice! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

For some reason, I can not help from having that long time memorial quote come to mine.

"Calling the kettle black" Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Might want to check out mpja.com - I believe I've seen smaller project boxes available there and the price isn't so bad.

With his ill gotten gains, he's hardly likely to be concerned about price.

Reply to
Ian Field

--
How curious...

Here's someone who lollygags about and  begs for everything he gets
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

There was no deputising going on then!

Reply to
Ian Field

Some people don't appreciate seaweed, salt, and tofu!

Reply to
miso

I think making requests for something tricky like picking a transistor makes sense. Phil Hobbs has an amazing memory for discretes.

Reply to
miso

Too bad the blend presented seems to be nothing but salty.

?-/

Reply to
josephkk