home battery

I wash the windows on my car. It improves visibility.

His insurer is probably laughing all the way to the bank. There are always outliers with statistics. Indeed, if they're absent, one has to suspect that the data has been fudged.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Perhaps not. "Hardly ever drives it" isn't a good way of getting used to the superior acceleration offered by most Ferraris.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Most cars have window-washing systems built in. You do have to remember to fill them up with water and a bit of detergent/anti-freeze from time to time.

Getting rid of encrusted insects in summer sometimes took hand-work with a methylated-spirits-soaked paper pad, but not very often.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

That's not a car, but an item of personal decoration - essentially jewellery, but larger than most examples.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

A bit like peacock tail feathers - no purpose other than attracting females, and a liability when it comes to survival.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

On a sunny day (Sun, 15 Feb 2015 14:20:21 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

You gotta give it to Musk, he _is_ an optimist :-)

Connector looks like a face of some alien with eyes...

Actually I gave up on Musk when I did see his presentation of the spacecraft module with glass cockpit. Just imaginge that thing cracks, you have not a single instrument left.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Genetic survival does involve attracting females. Evolution does suggest that male peacocks tail is a necessary - if expensive - investment, and evolutionary biologists argue that such displays have to be genuinely expensive to be genuinely convincing.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Some people with supercars buy insurance by the day.

Good point. But males are willing to risk death for the chance to breed. In some species, mating directly produces death, but the boys are still eager. Cf suicide bombers and heavenly virgins.

I'd like to own a Ferrari for a month maybe. That would be fun. But it would be absurd for a long-term relationship.

The gasoline-powered automobile is really a peak product of modern technology. Louis XIV never rode in the speed, comfort, or luxury of a Honda Fit with a/c and an FM radio. Driving a good car on a twisty mountain road is a cosmic experience.

Or a serpent.

I don't have supercar, just minivan. I will be paying by the mile, starting next month. I got the metromile ODB dongle with GPS tracking. $20+ per month plus 2+ cents per mile.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Can you tell a little more of these batteries? What sort of maintenance did they require other than maybe some water?

I had a neighbor with a "work van" type PT cruiser with no rear windows. it was extra-extra creepy looking.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Didn't know they made hatchback convertibles. ;-) Don't need no steenkin' hatchback anyway. The pickup works well.

Reply to
krw

Yes, but it's an example of how survival of the genes is more important than the survival of the individual.

The expense of the tail feathers nicely parallels the expense of the vehicle.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

I usually clean the engine compartment a bit before taking my truck in for an oil change and checkup. I remember once, the engine was so dirty the shop charged me an extra $10 for some cleaner that was necessary to do the job. Or maybe it was needed to clean their hands.

Bill Bowden

e_battery/

Courtesy varies inversely with population density cubed.

Cheers, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Solar City will announce quarterlies tomorrow. Sales are expected to be $72 million, with a loss of $118 million.

Way to go, Elon!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Hydrocarbons can come from inorganic sources.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Den onsdag den 18. februar 2015 kl. 00.51.28 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

it is possible to make Hydrocarbons can come from inorganic sources. and some astrophysicist had a theory some oil/gase was from and inorganic source

but afair the definition of organic chemistry is containing hydrocarbon

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen