Higgs boson found (again?)

That was *your* phrase not mine! I don't know why you introduced it really, but it was just another fact you got wrong.

Natural selection; that was the key insight, the whole point really.

Well there is this; discusses speciation in plants and insects.

If you want a lion to turn into a badger or something, you might have to wait a bit longer.

They believed in a "master race" didn't they? And that other races were genetically inferior or some such thing? I gather that in modern biology there is "no such thing as race"; the genetic variation within a race is greater than that between them. Not that I am a geneticist, but sounds like something that is good to know.

Evolution? Or the science and the enlightenment in general?

In either case, yes, it is.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Really? How about BT hybrid corn strains which breed true? Check:

<

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

have

phenotype

We

(and

The point that enough extreme breeding can result in effectively zero cross fertility. One of the better tests for different species. Do you think that a Chihuahua female can bear the pups of a bull mastiff cross? When is it a fox, when is it a coyote, and when is it a wolf; nominally thought of as different species, are they cross fertile?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk