Higgs boson found (again?)

Oh well, if there is a book about it, then it must be true. Figures. My experience finds the arguments of democrats to appeal more to emotions than to reason.

Reply to
cameo

OK, you're an idiot. Glad you agree.

Reply to
krw

One word: guns.

Reply to
krw

And when they (Republicans) lose in the next election, how would you explain that ??

hamilton

It's true that there is a significant overlap between the believers in gods and the disbelievers in man-made global warming. I don't think it's for the reason you suggest. ;) All through history the believers have attacked, even murdered non-believers, and even today no person who admitted to disbelief could become president. The reason biologists are not religious is that they know too much about the complexity of life. Obviously they know that evolution is written in every page of the book of life, so they are not going to stand with the know-nothing believers who reject it. They also appreciate the fact that for all the mind-boggling complexity of life, even in a single cell, the required complexity of a notional creator is a different order of infinity. As for Einstein's belief - forget it. This is a wrong construction put on his use of metaphorical language.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

o,

s a

st

There really are people around who believe that gays are evil, rather than different. I don't know any personally - pretty much all of my friends are what Americans call college-educated liberals who had to give up that idea when they first went to college - graduates of Bob Jones University don't really qualify as college educated and liberal.

My evidence the existence of a gays-are-evil brigade is based what they write in the "letters to the editor" sections of the newspapers that I read, and on the abuse they yell at demonstrations that I see on television.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Who is more likely to reject evolution, a Democratic or a Republican politician?

Reply to
Gib Bogle

You don't need to supply any more proof. You're an idiot. Everyone's already got the picture.

Reply to
krw

my

Check the evidence more carefully. Einstein really liked Spinoza's thinking, and any kind of separate creator doesn't fit into that world- view.

Claiming that prominent non-theists came around to a theistic point of view is a popular hobby amongst dim theists. Any such claim should be examined in detail - every one I've seen has turned out to be either a straightforward lie, or wishful thinking.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

And what happens when they run out of working people, people that actually want to work that pays these taxes?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

It's all about keeping the money flowing for science that is beyond them or a direction they have picked that they know will lead them to no where.

A fool and their money will serve many scientist as long as the general community remain ignorant enough to be blind sided, much like the democratic party's method of running the country.

I think you fall into that community, btw.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

They know about all the silly errors in living things. :-) Some of them are hilarious.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen

You've been reading your Ayn Rand books again, haven't you?

--

Rick
Reply to

What exactly are you going on about? You think science is a waste of time and money? Really???

--

Rick
Reply to

Where is your obsession with the gay subject coming from? You keep dragging it in regardless what the subject is. Get a life, man!

Reply to
cameo

Close, but in "Atlas Shrugged" the walk offs started with the people at the top, remember? I believe one of the first was Hank Rearden. "Who is John Galt?"

I would like to discuss this with you, but I actually can't make sense of some of your writing. "can not work due to years of SSI contributions for retirement or medical reasons" What does this mean??? There are people who can't work because they have contributed to SSI?

--

Rick
Reply to

In thos particular case, from Tim Wescott's line " it's hard to believe in a big magic white guy in the sky who wants us to hate gays."

Scarcely.

Exercise your reading skills a little harder.

--
Bill Sloman. Sydmey
Reply to

Ok, so you tell me where does the funds come from. You seem to have a problem with the numbers, from what I can see.

It appears you are the one that has been living in the shadows or maybe you are promoting people to not work? Now that would be nice wouldn't. we can see the system collapse as soon as everyone puts down the keys to the farm equipment, stop feeding the food animals etc. why should they? The GOV will just pay you from what? who knows..

There are free loaders and those that actually need help and can not work due to years of SSI contributions for retirement or medical reasons. Remove the free loaders and you'll see what happens. Sorry if we don't here from you.

This country is becoming an ignorant race of the dumb asses and people like yourself promotes it. When there is no more, who will be screaming at?

Bird feeder scenario..

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

ot

ople

t?

The US apparently now has a Gini coefficient of 0.47, higher than China or Russia. It's not the government who is grabbing all the money, but the rich. Why should the 99% work harder and more productively, if all that their efforts buy is more money for the 1%?

Look at Germany, where better social securty and and more money spent on education leaves the Gini coefficient at around 0,283.

Their society isn't as egalitarian as Sweden, Denmark or Norway, where the Gini coefficient is down to 0.25, but their economy is a bit healthier, not that the other three are doing badly.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The preferable method would be to live on the $2.47 Trillion in taxes Americans paid in 2012. One way to do that is to cut the number of citizens getting a check from the government. This article says 96% of Americans have got a government check.

It does include the mortgage tax deduction as a check, which I don't agree with. Your paying in less taxes not getting a check. But, I will happily give up the mortgage deduction for a balanced budget! Easy for me, since I haven't used one for 19 years. Mikek

BTW did you you say it was Bush's fault?

Reply to
amdx