AVR Algorithm Builder

Hi all - For the AVR there is a russian graphical programming language system called "Algorithm Builder". Downloadable at

Does anybody have greater working experience on it? The samples included haven't any description. Code development time will shrink by a factor of

3 - 5, says the developer. What do you think? Make it sense to switch from Assembler/C to it? Even if generated code is slightly greater/slower?? Hopefully I can build projects quicker with it?? More code quality??

If it is good it should be available for the AVR also!!

Regards - Henry

Reply to
Henry

I have not looked at what you are refering to, but a comment comes to mind. The idea of a programming method that doesn't require a programmer is a kind of holy grail in computer science. We all thought that by now your average joe could code fairly sophisticated algorithms in a graphical paradigm. It hasen't happened yet - who knows, maybe it never will?

Dana Frank Raymond

called

Reply to
Dana Raymond

About 20 years ago there was something called "The Last One", software that wrote programs. After generating a lot of excitement, it vanished. I tried it once, and lost interest when it crashed whilst creating my program.

Leon

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

kind

I thought Visual Basic more or less achieved this. (leaving out details as testing and maintenance ;-)

Wim

Reply to
Wim Ton

I downloaded it and played with a little bit. It looks OK. I think the biggest problem would be just learning to use it and to think in terms of flow-charting - OK if you have an ordered mind!

You can get it here:

Alan

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Jenal Communications Manufacturers and Suppliers of HF Selcall P O Box 1108, Morley, WA, 6943 Tel: +61 8 9370 5533 Fax +61 8 9370 5106 Web Site:
e-mail:
Alan

called

included

of

Even if

projects

If you like this have a look at corechart for pics. Good way of getting kids and beginners started with micros.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

I think you misunderstood me. Graphical programming means a optical structuring technic for programs. The human visual sense for objects is of much broader bandwidth than reading a serial text input. By no means it will set programmers free.

- Henry

Dana Raymond schrieb in Nachricht ...

kind

if

projects

Reply to
Henry

:))))))))))))) Surely a Microsoft product!!

Wim Ton schrieb in Nachricht ...

average

It

Reply to
Henry

Hi Alan - Can you see any benefit?

Alan schrieb in Nachricht ...

called

Reply to
Henry

I guess it depends on how you do your projects!

If you have a well defined project that you can then transfer to a flowchart then I think Algorithm Builder should be good.

If you have a project that is always being "added to" then perhaps it will be harder to use (but that is also true of any form of programing!)

AB should work well with structured programming and some discipline. Start with a "main" loop and then add sub-routines as separate pages until the project is complete.

I intend to have a better play with AB when I get time. It seems easy enough to use but I would love to hear comments from someone who has used it a lot.