Hacking Pioneer SR type wired remote control into VCRs, DVD players, etc.

I just created a blog about how I added jacks to a VCR and DVD player to allow them to be hooked up to a Pioneer SR control bus. Check it out if you're interested.

John

Reply to
John

I was but I'm 'forbidden' GG

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach

I was but I'm 'forbidden' GG

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach

Glenn Gundlach ha escrito:

me too!

-B

Worked for me.....

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Wow.. I don't think I would have ever thought to do that. It is cool but I wouldn't have thought of it.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

I have a pioneer reciever without a remote control from the 1980's and it has something similar. It has the 2.5mm jacks and if you push a button on the reciever it will switch to that input or push a button on the tape deck it will switch to that. There is no IR reciever though.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Not all of the Pioneer stuff has the jacks.

John

Reply to
John

I have a Pioneer DVD player and a Pioneer receiver both with remote control and both without the control jacks. Is this a recent thing or an american thing ?

--DF

Reply to
Deefoo

Hm... Worked fine for me, Regards,Sjouke Burry

Reply to
Sjouke Burry
404

Did it move?

Reply to
William R. Walsh

Yeah, I realized that I made a typo in the page name and spelled "control" wrong. I fixed it, and it's here:

Sorry for the confusion. John

Reply to
John