Video iPod Car Control ..

Ok, most major car stereo makes now have very functional iPod interfaces, and I am currently shopping for a new stereo for my VT. Since the VT is double-DIN equipped, I was tossing up the idea of an in-dash LCD screen as well as a stereo. Since a DVD-Capable stereo is a bit out of my price range (and also rather rare, it seems), and I am soon getting a Video iPod, I was planning the following:

Headunit, possibly Pioneer iPod interface link, from approriate brand, for example, Pioneer in this case..

In Dash TFT Screen. All speakers/sound run from the Headunit, ipod feeds sound to headunit, headunit controls ipod, obviously. If the iPod was a Video model, can the iPod still play these while linked to the stereo? Ie, hit play on a video on the ipod, sound comes via headunit -> speakers, video via ipod's built in composite video out -> tft screen .. Can this be done? With 2 inputs on the screen, it should allow for future expansion for a glove-box dvd player or similiar one-day in the future..

Just curious tho, if anyone knows if the ipod goes into a "dead" state while being controlled by the headunit? I'm guessing the headunit can't control the video, but thats fine, I'm planning a dash-mounted cradle for the ipod, I can control video from there.. Just gotta make sure the ipod won't go dead to its own controls while plugged into the system

Anyone got any info? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Lord-Data

check out aus.cars