14-pin PIC

I need the name of a popular (if any) 14-pin PIC to be mentionned as an example in a documentation.

For instance, I mentioned 16F877 for 40-pin, 16F876 for 28-pin, 12F629 for

8-pin and the well-known 16F84 for 18-pin (even though obsolete). For a 14-pin, what would it be?

Jerry

Reply to
J. David

PIC16F505

John Popelish

Yes, the '676 is my favorite in that group (and I'm not alone, judging by Digikey's stock). A distant second is the F684, followed by the F630.

In 18-pin, it's the F628 followed by the F819 (has ADC).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Nothing, IIRC, but the 819 is more established and 20% cheaper.

1/3 higher pricetag, though, and still a bit new (Digikey has more than 10 x the 16F628s in stock).

I think it's probably a good choice especially for low volume applications and for hobbyists who want to standardize on one relatively low-pin-count DIP/SOIC part in the 16F series.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

an

for

16F676? You might want to use the 16F628, or better yet the 16F88 as the 18 pin example.
Reply to
Anthony Fremont

What's special about the ADC in the F819 vs. the F88's ADC? I suppose I could look it all up, but I'm feeling lazy right now. ;-)

I like(d) the 628 too, but I'm stuck on the F88 for now with it's 8Mhz INTOSC, ADC and really low power requirements.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Thanks! All I need.

Reply to
J. David

as

judging

suppose I

8Mhz

I guess that's where I come in then. I had always seen the F88 as the next logical step in the F84, F628 series. I honestly had never looked at the F819 before. I glanced thru the datasheet for it and I can see why it comes in cheaper. The F88 has twice the code space, 50% more RAM _and_ it uses slightly less power. It also has 2 comparators and 7 ADC channels. ;-) Interesting, the F819 has no ANSEL register, hmm... For my purposes, I'll likely just stay with the F88, until a "better" 18 pin part comes out (like with 12 bit ADC or faster internal clock).

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

I dunno. Maybe

might be able to help.