Pioneer Remote Control Protocol

If you've worked with Pioneer's RC protocol (specifically the control jacks on the back of Pioneer electronics), I'm looking for an answer to a few questions:

How many commands can be sent to a device in one second over remote control?

I know it's all based in milliseconds, but how many per command?

Is there a product already out there that will link Pioneer's control jack (mini jack) to RS-232?

Or is this something that can easily be built?

Reply to
Scarfie