Greetings from Mr. Powarski

"Every other aspect" is a tad severe. I'm a pretty good cook, I've read a lot of British history and literature (and remember some, too), and I can ski backwards.

John

Actually neither should be banned because nobody has a right to dictate yo another adult human being what he/she may or may not put into his/her own body.

"Oh! Second-Hand Smoke!" I hear you cry.

Well, just don't come into my house when I'm smoking! Stay outside and breathe that nice, refreshing, healthful, car exhaust.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

"John Larkin" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Available on DVD:

Then try this:

Should look like, when finished:

Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

Is that good? A lot of British humor (Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served, Mr Bean, Red Dwarf, etc) escapes me. I sort of meant Shakespeare and Jane Austen and Wodehouse sort of things. Lord Peter. The good stuff.

Anybody want my recipe for custard bread pudding? Bananas Foster? Barbeque oysters?

Yuk, green cake.

John

"Barbecued" oysters ??

Congratulations, John! You're drawing more flack than I ever did ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Are you correcting my syntax or asking for the recipe?

John

Both ;-)

...Jim Thompson

It's a thankless, hopeless task to try to correct my typing.

But the oysters are easy. Fire up the barbeque, you know, that huge cooking thing in your back yard. Place fresh oysters on the grill. In a couple of minutes they'll start to open up by themselves. Open gently, remove top shell, and place a tiny dab of barbeque sauce on each oyster. I just use Kraft Classic. Remove and eat promptly.

Mo taught me that. She says that Hollandaise is really good too.

John

Sounds good!

I only like oysters if they're cooked.

Naomi will often have oysters on the half shell plus a baked potato as her entre ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I grew up on oysters. My uncles would go out fishing, and for a snack dredge up oysters and eat them on the spot. A good fried oyster sandwich is as good as food gets.

The best oysters are from the US Gulf coast, but don't eat them raw unless you're up on your hepatitus shots.

John

My local store has "Spicy Chipotle Dipping Sauce" - goes well with chicken strips etc.

--
.
Reply to

Do you have Paul Prudhommes' Cajun Redfish Blackening spice up there? Comes in a small jar, works great on any firm fish, catfish or tulape (sp?) or whatever. My Vietnamese friend turned me on to it!

What are all the dots? Do they hurt?

John

I use lemon garlic butter, delicious.

--