Robotic greetings...

Guy goes into a bar, there?s a robot bartender. The robot says, "What will you have?" The guy says, "Martini." The robot brings back the best martini ever and says to the man, "What?s your IQ?" The guy says, "168". The robot then proceeds to talk about physics, space exploration and medical technology. The guy leaves, but he is curious, so he goes back into the bar. The robot bartender says, ?What will you have?" The guy says, "Martini". Again, the robot makes a great martini, gives it to the man and says, "What?s your IQ?" The guy says, "100." The robot then starts to talk about NASCAR, Budweiser and John Deere tractors. The guy leaves, but finds it very interesting, so he thinks he will try it one more time. He goes back into the bar. The robot says, "What will you have?" The guy says, "Martini", and the robot brings him another great martini. The robot then says, "What?s your IQ?" The guy says, "Uh, about 50." The robot leans in real close and says, "So, you people still happy you voted for Obama?" ...Jim Thompson

Look on the bright side: A special prosecutor to attack the CIA
opens the door for the next administration to prosecute Holder and
Rahm Emanuel...and perhaps Obama himself.  Bring it on!!

Jim Thompson wrote: [sig]

Assumes that the next administration will have a red hue. More old NeoCons are dying off every day and there isn't new blood taking their place on that side of the aisle. In droves, the generation of new voters have deserted NeoConservativism and continue to do so.

The only question left to answer is: Which movement will rise to fill the void left by the Republicans? The Libertarian Party? The Progressive Party? The Green Party? Will a Pirate Party arise in the USA pushing for reform of an obviouly broken "intellectual property" regime as is happening in the EU?

(I voted Green last time around.)

Reply to
JeffM

Republicans think they are going to pick up a whole bunch of seats next cycle. Personally I think they misread the loud noises made by the rightards and their echochamber. The younger generations are definitely moving leftward.

Reply to
Bob Eld

LOL, I have a co-worker that would love this! We are trying to get a movement going to impose an IQ test for voters.

Martin Riddle

Hmmm.....

The median IQ is by definition 100, so....

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

The point of the joke is that every martini drops your IQ by about 50 points.

John

It was?

Seems to me the description indicated that the guy was deliberately misstating his IQ on the second and third occasions for the purpose of experiment. An idea made all the more plausible by his original, presumably honest, claim to have an IQ of 168.

I thought the joke, such as it was, was a reference to the presumed level of intelligence of people who voted for Obama.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Whoooosh.

Reply to
Polyp

rds

When I think of high IQ, George W. Bush immediately comes to mind.

miso

20...
Reply to
The Real Andy

--
Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Just like "a lot" doesn\'t equal infinity,

168 minus 100 doesn\'t equal "about 50"

JF
Reply to
John Fields

What's the quantitative definition of "about"?

Show your work.

John

You tell me, genius.
Reply to
John Fields

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I would have asked him to show me his diploma....

Martin Riddle

"About fifty" would be construed by pretty much every person who understands English as being certainly no less than 45, nor more than

  1. The expectation would be that if the speaker were referring to a number outside that range, they'd have chosen a different multiple of ten as the approximation.
168 - 100 = 68.

68 > 55.

QED.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

So "about a mile up the road" is Bad English if it's actually 0.89 miles? How would you express "about a mile" if you weren't certain that it was in the range of 0.90 to 1.10 miles?

Interesting that you (and "pretty much every person who understands English") have such a precise quantitative definition of "about."

I'm getting hungry. What's the limits on "about lunchtime"?

Does "around" have a wider span than "about"? What about the Canadian version, "aboot"?

John

The word "about" on its own doesn't give you an idea of precision, but when it's included with a number, it does. About one mile doesn't tell you so much, but about 0.9 miles does.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Some didn't realize that the united states suddenly became the most commie state on this planet. An initial

800 billions to support the local economy and plenty more to come. This support wasn't done by super-commie Obama to turn the nation commie once and for all, but in a pragmatic attempt to save what can be saved. Obama didn't just announce bankruptcy as did Gorbachev not long abo, but declared it no problem at all. A miracle, IMO. Only Mathematicians normally do such things.

All the while russia turned to be one of the most capitalistic countries on this planet. For dollars, not rubels, everything is possible there. All while countless workers are available for much less than a bargain. A capitalist dream came true.

I have the impression, some slow persons slept through the flip and got stuck in the wrong country. These guys now just have move to the other country and will be on the right spot there.

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

What you need, Syl, is a martini or two.

John

Of the equivalent amount of ethanol, which I can probably manage.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else