Got 1500v mosfet?

If you like 1500v mosfets then ST Micro has a new offering that may please you. Parts have just showed up for evaluation. Pricing near a buck for 10k pieces. near 1.25 for 2500 pcs. Offered in TO-220 plastic, metal tab, and TO-247 styles. Sanyo equivalent part is near $4.00.

stfv4n150 stp4n150

regards, Bob

Reply to
Yzordderrex

I thought this was going to be one more of those, "Does anybody know of a 1500-volt MOSFET?" questions, and I'd answer no. But, whew, the ST 4n150's are already up to the third datasheet rev.

I note the stp4n150 and stw4n150 types appear to lack any of the package features usually seen on high-voltage IGBTs, etc., to increase the insulation creep capability. We do see that stuff on the stfv4n150.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

A guy I work with has done some big flybacks with Ixys IGBTs. I'm using Sanyo parts now in all my 480v & 600v mains gear. The smaller Sanyo 200ma part goes for less than 2 bucks while the larger part is almost 4 bucks. I've taken these parts out to 1500v + 380v of flyback before they started to let go. I'm hoping the ST parts will be as rugged. Price is certainly good.

regards, Bob

Reply to
Yzordderrex

What's the Sanyo part number for their 1500V MOSFETs? I didn't find any evidence of them at their website.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Win,

2SK1412 = 100ma 2SK1413 = 2amp 2SK1414 = 6amp

I've been using the 2 smaller parts for about 8 years.

Reply to
Yzordderrex

Yep, now I remember, I first grabbed those datasheets three years ago. How easily one forgets. BTW, it appears Sanyo has discontinued the 2sk1414 and changed to the 2sk1412LS version.

The '1412 has Ciss = 40pF, making it an attractive part for fast linear HV amplifiers. It's a shame I forgot about it for these last few years. I wonder where one can get them.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

yzordderrex-

I'm looking for a few 2SK1412 to repair a piece of test equipment. Any chance you have a few for sale?

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
rumreich