Announcement: Experimental Chaos Conference

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

*** The 9th Experimental Chaos Conference 2006 ***

A conference on experimental nonlinear dynamics

The 9th Experimental Chaos Conference will be held at the National Institute for Space Research, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil, on May 29 - June 1, 2006. The conference is sponsored by the US Office of Naval Research. Members of the worldwide scientific, medical and engineering communities interested in recent developments and techniques of experimental nonlinear dynamics are invited to attend the conference and to contribute to its technical sessions and workshops. The latest information is available at our web site:

CONTRIBUTED TALKS AND POSTERS: Contributed posters will be presented at extended poster sessions throughout the meeting. Approximately 25-30 contributed talks of 15-minute length each will be selected by the program committee from among those who wish to be considered for a contributed talk. Requests for special audio-visual equipment should be made as soon as possible after notification of acceptance of abstract.

o CONFERENCE DEADLINES: The following deadlines should be noted:

15 Jan 2006 Deadline for abstracts for oral presentations. Submit online:
15 Feb 2006 Notification of Acceptance 15 Mar 2006 Deadline for Reduced Fee registration Register online:
29 May 2006 Conference Begins. Deadline for poster submission. See below for registration information.

o PROGRAM Sessions

Chemistry Electronics/circuits/RF Neuroscience Bio-science/Genomics Data Analysis Fracture/Materials/Friction Hydrodynamics & Plasmas Nanoscience dynamics Space Science/Astrodynamics Quantum Chaos Nonlinear Optics Environmental Science

Invited Speakers

John Beggs Robert Behringer Stefano Brugioni Giovanni De Ninno William Ditto Irving R. Epstein Roland Köberle Asa M. Lindberg Germán Luna-Acosta Gabriel Mindlin Oscar N. Mesquita Irene S. Nadal Punit Parmananda Fernando M. Ramos Mark Shattuck Jaroslav Stark Marco Thiel Marian Wiercigroch

o CONTACT

All correspondence (email is best) should be addressed to:

Dr. Elbert E. N. Macau National Institute for Space Research - INPE Av. dos Astronautas, 1758 C. Postal 515 Sao Jose dos Campos - SP Brazil phone: 55-12-3945-6564, FAX: 55-12-3945-6375 snipped-for-privacy@lac.inpe.br

o CONFERENCE LOCATION

National Institute for Space Research - INPE Av. dos Astronautas, 1758 C. Postal 515 Sao Jose dos Campos - SP Brazil

o REGISTRATION INFORMATION

To register, go to:

Registration Fees (in US Dollars):

Before After ONSITE 16 Mar 2006 16 Mar 2006 Regular 220 250 280

Student 140 170 200

o CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS

Stefano Boccaletti Istituto Nazionale di Ottica Applicata, Largo E. Fermi, 6, I50125 Florence ITALY

+39.055.23081, fax: +39.055.2337755 snipped-for-privacy@ino.it

Bruce Gluckman The Krasnow Institute for AdvancedStudy Dept. of Physics and Astronomy George Mason University Fairfax, VA 22030, USA snipped-for-privacy@gmu.edu

Celso Grebogi Centre for Applied Dynamics King's College University of Aberdeen Aberdeen AB24 3UE, UNITED KINGDOM

+44-1224-272791 FAX: +44-1224-272497 snipped-for-privacy@abdn.ac.uk

Juergen Kurths Universitaet Potsdam Institut fuer Physik Am Neuen Palais 10, PF 601553 Lehrstuhl Nichtlineare Dynamik D-14415 Potsdam GERMANY (49-331)-977-1429, fax: (49-331)-977-1142 snipped-for-privacy@agnld.uni-potsdam.de

Dr. Elbert E. N. Macau National Institute for Space Research - INPE Av. dos Astronautas, 1758 C. Postal 515 Sao Jose dos Campos - SP, BRAZIL phone: 55-12-3945-6564, FAX: 55-12-3945-6375 snipped-for-privacy@lac.inpe.br,

Louis M. Pecora Naval Research Laboratory, Code 6343 Washington, DC 20375 USA (202) 767-6002, fax: (202) 767-1697 snipped-for-privacy@anvil.nrl.navy.mil

-- Lou Pecora (my views are my own) REMOVE THIS to email me.

Reply to
Lou Pecora