For Dr. Hobbs

Soon all the cool kids in your town will be toting one of these:

It'll be a real blast when someone decides to whip one out at a concert or sporting event! The 300 mW model seems expensive; why I can pick one up for $52.80 delivered here:

Bitrex

Brr. I've had lasers that powerful, but they've all been nice quiet ones for ultrasensitive measurements. Realistically, however, less harm will probably come of kids playing with those than the same kids spending the money on getting high and then driving around in cars.

Out of my high school class of about 75 boys, at least 6 were dead within 5 years of graduation. One died of leukemia in Grade 10, one was killed with a broken beer bottle in a bar in Blaine, Washington, one died of anorexia, and the rest were due to car accidents.

May God have mercy on them all.

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I got one (DPSS green) that's allegedly 200mW for use during astronomy observations sessions (pointing at stars etc). Unfortunately, it's extremely temperature sensitive and the light output drops to essentially zero at even moderately cool temperatures (well above freezing).

There's also been some indication that some of the no-name green laser pointers may omit the IR blocking filter, so a dim green light from the business end may cloak an extremely strong IR pump light that won't trigger the eye's blink reflex.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

one

Dr. Hobbs,

You seem to be somewhat religious. Can you give a short summary why you have faith in a creator of the world? It would be interesting.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

Bill,

Thanks.

I've about shot my bolt on that topic lately--see my posts on the thread from a couple of weeks back on "Super duper hype fast FET driver". (BTW all this exaggerated respect on Usenet is making me nervous.) ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It's better than being addressed as 'Hey! You jerk!' ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

Phil Hobbs a écrit :

Hey, then read a couple of the other Phil's answers and it will reset the balance ;-)

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Right. I feel so much better now.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Pilots are going to love these.

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

------------------------------------------------------------------ Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Well, either it's that, or it created itself, and from where I sit, the two are indistinguishable.

In either case, it's significantly bigger than I am.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Sometimes I read the Atheist Vs Christianity group and try to figure out Atheists who claim to know without a doubt religion is bogus. It's interesting how they defend themselves by calling others irrational, uneducated, and the like. They go so far as to say religion never crosses their mind, so there is no need to even consider a creator. Yet, they waste a lot of time talking about it.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

There are a lot of folks that think that if there's a God, it'll cramp their style. I used to think that too, but it ain't so. When you come across it, real goodness is so lovely that it's almost impossible not to desire it.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Well, one thing I know not only in my mind, heart, and gut, but in my very Survival Chakra, is that God's Will is Free Will.

There's no mistaking when your root chakra opens and you feel the flow of the Kundalini (AKA Chi) through your entire being.

Here's a thought:

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise