Food

One of my favorite tool gadgets is a B&D battery-powered chain saw on an extension pole. I can comfortably reach at least 10' up and trim my mesquite trees.

Pansies will always be pansies ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Yeah. I think I'll wait on a new aortic valve. ;) Running weight off is usually healthier.

Looks like I'm slightly taller than you. I'm 5' 11", so for a BMI of 22 I'd need to be about 158 lbs.

I'm fairly muscular and live and work on a farm raising vegetables, fruits, and various farm fowl. I carry around two 50 lb food bags, one on each shoulder, for the chickens. Or slog up a bale of hay onto one shoulder, no problem. I also chop 5-6 chords of wood each year for heating the 5000 sq ft home, using 8lb mauls -- no powered machinery.

Not sure what a proper BMI would be for a Swede doing that stuff. But I also had a fair amount of fat, six months ago. Much of that gone, now. When I get to down to 175-180, I will not want to change it further. A BMI of 25 would feel perfect.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

[...]

Dang! That's why it's so hard :-(

Get a dog. We have two, and if they don't get at least half an hour of brisk walking they can be quite cranky.

For really bad rainy winter days we have a recumbent trainer. Unfortunately it doesn't feed the generated watts back into the grid, just burns them off. Well, at least that heats the room :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

That depends on what kind of car you drive.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I'd like to see one of them use a bank blade.

Some things just won't recycle.

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

5'9.5".

It's the top end of the recommended range. Assessing cardio-vascular health is easier - just run a tap measure around your waist. If it is less tha 40 inches you are okay. For some reason, fat on the hips and thighs isn't a problem but fat in abdomen is.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Joerg schrieb:

Hello,

if you use this trainer with a mechanical power of 170 W, your body will generate a thermal power of about 510 W. Together you get a heater with

680 W.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

Michael A. Terrell schrieb:

Hello,

decades ago, I transported a pallet full of ski bindings using a forklifter without motor. The weight of the full pallet was about a ton.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

Big deal. A pallet jack can handle a lot of weight, but only on smooth and very level surfaces. Try that uphill, or even better, downhill.

You keep saying that, but you never leave.

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How much is a ton of ski bindings worth?

John

WTF is "grits"? The only time I've heard of that was decades ago when the Beverley Hillbillies ate "possum grits"

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book - Magick and Technology
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Grits is coarse white cornmeal.

Sort of like white polenta but more texture. It has a subtle, slightly bitter flavor of its own, but is delicious with lots of salt, pepper, and butter. Cheesey grits (parmesan, mascarpone) is good too.

If a serving costs 85 cents, it's "grits." If it costs seven dollars, it's "polenta."

It's usually a breakfast food, but it's great as a dinner substrate... shrimp and grits, grits and hash.

It's good fried, too, eaten with butter and maple syrup, like a waffle.

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Fried_Grits.JPG

You can get Alber's Quick Grits in the hot cereal section of most Safeway stores, even in California. Pour, stirring, 1 part grits into

4 parts boiling water, a little salt and butter, summer and stir for 20 minutes maybe.

My wife is from Boston, but one reason I married her is because she loves grits. She says the same thing about me.

John

Some Yankee tourist goes into a nice, down-home southern diner and orders some grits for breakfast.

The waitress asks, "Hominy?"

The tourist says, "Oh, five or six should be fine."

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I've been to a lot of places and eaten some exotic food, but I draw the line at insects.

Although, one time, I was helping a roommate clear out a stump in his yard and I spotted a grub about the size of my thumb, and found myself wondering if it'd be good eating. =:-O

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Sure, 50 pounds at a time. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

So, _run_ up the hill! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You do not "say it", but everyone wants you to leave, nonetheless. So leave, fucktard.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

In another thread, John L. allowed as how he's a "speed freak," referring to downhill skiing. I wonder if there'd be a market for a "World's stupidest people" video of someone riding a pallet jack down a San Francicso hill loaded with "ski bindings." ;-D

(I've pushed/pulled a pallet jack around with a potload of transformer laminations and #9 square magnet wire, and it's no fun at all. )-; )

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Thanks. Never had grits in that case.