self service food vending machine

Hi ! Another post regarding this vending machines :-) Can someone explain the part for releasing the candy/chocolate/juice ?

If there are 25 products on those spin able carrier, does that meens that i need 25 relay and 25 dc stepper motors to controll the drop of the product ? It doesn't make much sense...

We can leave aside the sensors for counting etc. Am just interested in the "transmission" process.

Regards !

Reply to
en2

no, but that's the simplest design.

another way would be one motor , a bunch shafts and gears, and 25 clutches etc...

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

Surely that would depend on what mechanical arrangement you have?

If products were on rotated carousel then surely a single dispensing mechanism might be more sensible.

Reply to
Kennedy

if i would choose the "motor" approach, what do you think would some 12V / 300ma would be enough to push down the 0,5L bottle ? Hmmm, there will be 5 or 6 of them in the row so it could be tricky

Reply to
en2

*** Like ?
Reply to
en2

No. A picture is worth a complexicated explanation: One small motor per helix (see Pg 6). An optical sensor inside the gearbox stops the motor after exactly one revolution of the helix.

It would be helpful if you would describe the vending machine. I don't know what you mean by a "spin able carrier". Also, bagged product and liquids are handled by different types of machines. Bagged product does not need refrigeration, while liquids need refrigeration.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Ummm, it's called an auger.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Argh...

The problem with calling it an auger is that none of the photos that Google Image search excavates looks like the one in the vending machine: A "wire auger" is closer, but seems to have more to do with sewer cleaning, drain clearing, and wood boring: I like helix better, but I guess you're correct, it's officially an auger.

Sigh:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Can you count to one?

Reply to
Robert Baer

This query reminds me of a funny incident when I was doing my gradaute work at UT Austin. As expected, there was about 5 - 6 vending machines, selling a range of junk food(tepid watery coffee -- soggy tuna sandwiches). Anyway, one day one of the service was working on one of the machines, and who knows what he did, but suddenly each of the channels started emitting their stuff - Cheetos, cookies, Frito chips. As expected, a crowd soon gathered, while this poor fellow was cussing and trying frantically to pull out the power plug.

Reply to
dakupoto

When I was a starving undergrad, I discovered that there was a faulty limit switch on one channel of a vending machine in my residence, and that the dispensing coil would spin as long as you held the button down. You could then hit the coin return button and get your money back. I memorized the schedule of the guy that filled the machine and lived on potato chips for nearly a month.

Reply to
Ralph Barone

lol @ engineers :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

with the right gear ratio it'd work,

polish the shelf, even slope it a little, but mainly get the gear ratio right, slow enough to have the torque to move the screw and the goods, fast enough to keep the customer happy.

300mA at 12V seems kind of tiny, but that's probably over 2W of mechanial energy, which sounds sufficient
--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

some times goods are stacked both sides of the auger and the correct count is half.

--
umop apisdn

Jasen Betts

Cute. In the dorms at college, the vending machines were the carousel type. The tray would go around, you open a door, pull out the munchies, and close the door. Every time I extracted a sandwich, I would replace it with something else. I had a lifetime supply of aspirin sample bottles, so I usually inserted a few of those. Others did much the same thing, resulting in a vending machine full of trinkets. Plastic bags full of electronic parts and hardware were popular.