3D Food Printers are the way of our future.

3D Food Printers are the way of our future.

I really like the idea of these 3D food printers, which will create over

10,000 types of food from 25lb or 50lb bags of simple food pellets.

I have always disliked running around grocery stores looking at thousands of items and trying to find what foods I want, then I get home and have to cook. Cooking is not something I enjoy in the least.

So, I really like the idea of these 3D food printers. I heard that a person can even contact their home computer from any cellphone or their work computer, and program the meal they want to eat when they get home, and that meal will be ready to eat as soon as they arrive home.

That's technology at it's finest.

The pellets will soon be sold in all grocery stores, dollar stores, department stores, and even convenience stores. Currently, there are over 10,000 foods that can be made, and it only takes a half hour or less to create a complete tasty meal. And more foods are being added daily. Punch in the menu codes and in no time at all, you can have a steak, hamburgers, fish, chicken, other meats, vegetables, cheese dishes, potatoes, pizza, tacos, cakes, pies, other desserts, and so much more. Your foods can be served hot, or you can get a cold sandwich, or even frozen ice creaam. All from the same 3D printer, and all made from nothing but food pellets and water. That is absolutely awesome.

Reply to
oldschool

That might actually be technically possible. A variety of material feeds wo uld be needed though. At a minimum: protein, starch, sugar or sweetener, fa t blend, mixed nutrients, mixed vegetable puree, mixed fruit puree, some so rt of gel or glue... and an array of flavours to blend to target the differ ing types of taste buds.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You are really getting annoying.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

But the idea has potential. It could print with amino acids. In Star Trek they called it a "protein resequencer" IIRC.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

We don't even really need plants. We could just bio-engineer some kind of device that sucks in CO2 and sunlight and spits out nutrient gruel.

The gruel should come in flavors, like vanilla creme and cool ranch.

Reply to
bitrex

Bah. A chunk of amorphous carbon and tanks of hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen are all you need. From those you can print any organic molecule atom-by-atom.

No need for a dishwasher either- just run the printer "backwards" to turn leftovers back into raw CHON.

Also some phosphorus, calcium, and other "trace mineral" elements.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

Some day it will be mandatory. The device would probably be a genetically engineered plant. We could design them to grow on Mars.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

If the future of mankind involves not being able to ever have a nice steak from time to time then human extinction is probably for the best.

Reply to
bitrex

They're growing edible meat in tissue culture now. It will likely be marketed to vegetarians.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

.

afaiu the process still requires stuff made from animal parts

and those trying to sell it as a green alternative forget to take the energy needed into account

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Total waste of time and resources; NO equipment is needed. ..."food pellets"...dog food? Eat them out of the bag. Alpo. a square meal +---+ | | +---+ out of a round can ~ ( ) ~

// BEST most memorable commercial of all //

Reply to
Robert Baer

I reserve my right to comment until i have tasted it. If you think can foods or MREs are better than freshly cooked food, then this might work for you.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Most of the vegetarians/vegans I know wouldn't buy the stuff, anyway.

As additionally to the ethical issues, they do it to move away from the consumptive lifestyle.

That industry would use their lifestyle choice as a way to attempt to market weird cultured protein slabs grown in vats to them that probably need 5 times the energy resources just raising a cow for beef would consume would likely make them sadly chuckle and say "Ah, they really don't get it do they"

Reply to
bitrex

Hah! You _think_ this one is April Fools -- just wait a few years.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

"Food replicator"

Reply to
krw
:

when a boy cow and a girl cow love each other very much...

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

That's a lot of bullshit.

Reply to
krw

I could certainly see a market for printed cookies, icing on your cake?

3-D is getting cheap.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold