NBC streaming of the Super Bowl stinks

All the ads are nice and visible but the actual game is all pixellated.

Foo.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

-- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics

160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net

Phil Hobbs

And it is several seconds delayed from what I saw.

Reply to
Chairman Meow

Eli and Co. are so New York--not always pretty, but they get the job done!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

-- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics

160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net

Phil Hobbs

NJ Giants

Watched it on OTA TVee in HD.

Martin Riddle

pixellated.

You can get the DVD for $25. Only a few days delay.

Ravens should have been there, but they were just too far left.

But the Baltimore Colts won the "Greatest Game Ever Played", and Raymond =

Berry presented the trophy:

I'm not really a big football fan. Super Blow is just an excuse for = eating=20 junk food. And then it turns into the "Super Bowel" :)

Paul and Muttley

P E Schoen

I don't normally watch football either--which is one reason I don't have TV. It's a wonderful opportunity to tease all my Bostonian friends, though.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Get one of those new "television" gadgets.

--

John Larkin, President Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

Not worth it, putting up with all the other crap just to watch three or four games a year. I usually watch the SB with friends, but they went to the Virgin Islands this year, so we decided to try streaming it.

That butt-first touchdown was the funniest play ever.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yeah, Mo made me watch the last 4 minutes [1]. I think the sit-down guy was trying to waste as much time as possible. Something technical like that. But the real treat of the day will be Downton Abbey.

[1] AND she made me boil up some Shrimp Remoulade, and drink beer!
--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

No, dumbass. That is what he failed miserably at doing.

The penalty which took the clock to 9 seconds is what did it (ate up the clock).

Reply to
My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do

I had a good time mocking an old friend of mine via text message--when the Sox and the Pats were both champions the same year, he was _insufferable_.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yer friggin' bonkers.

Reply to
AnimalMagic

On a sunny day (Sun, 05 Feb 2012 21:11:29 -0500) it happened Phil Hobbs wrote in :

Well, maybe because no sane person cares about the struggle to move a ball from A to B if half the guys try to work the other way. BAD teamwork. :-)

I was watching some tennis a while back, in 'HD digital'. Easy to follow, the ball had some long white streak or tail behind it. Not even natural anymore. I remember in the sixties the effort to get plumbicons and vidicon cameras without tails on high lights. These days it is considered 'better'. Tell you, analog PAL at 625 lines was much better than modern digital for sports. But new things need to be sold, the idiots are probably still transmitting interlaced.

Only Germany does progressive now I think (for what I have seen).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Worse, the ad times were about 4 mins for every 2 mins of game time. I shut the computer off after 10 mins and watched a movie while eating my buff wings and drinking my beer. The overall result was jes as enjoyable. ;)

nb

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!

It makes a lot more sense than football. And no commercials!

--

John Larkin, President Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer Multichannel arbitrary waveform generators

"Downton Abbey"... Damn! Maybe there's some hope for you yet :-) ...Jim Thompson

And the teams are penalized for "delay of game"!

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

We were just working our way through "Upstairs, Downstairs" (which Mo didn't know about until I got her hooked) when the new U/D series came along, and then D.A. It's surprising how much D.A. is a copy of the original U/D, down to shellshocked soldiers, wayward daughters becoming nurses, and kitchen maids named Daisy. Plus, I've been reading about WWI lately.

The Germans were really nasty brutes, in both wars. I'm working with some German companies lately, and their guys will sometimes, every once in a while, sort of obliquely apologize for being German. They are good, thorough engineers but take forever to get stuff done.

Has anybody read/seen "The Help"? Is it very chick-flickey?

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Same experience, except they take too many breaks... I'd show up at Bosch (Bühlertal) at ~8:30 in the morning... they were breaking for breakfast. (Good apple juice, though :-)

I shamed the technicians into attentiveness by walking into their labs and picking up a soldering iron :-)

Haven't read the book, but I've seen the movie... having lived that southern lifestyle with "help", as you have, you'll find it hilarious and poignant at the same time. It's not a chick-flick in the usual sense. ...Jim Thompson

We were poor, but I had rich friends. They all had black nannies, who they ran to and hugged first when they wanted help or comfort. And they played with the nannies' kids, growing up.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com