"Flying" distributors for 1/4" quick connects?

They are called different names among manufacturers but everyone knows them from washing machines, fridges, cars and so on:

Where can I find an insulated piece where you can plug three or more of such connectors together without it having to be bolted to something? IOW a link hanging in the air. With the insulation skirting down far enough so it can't short out against other metal stuff. I have seen them but can't remember where, I checked Wago and the usual suspects but came up dry.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

It's intended for attachment, but this (or a multiplicity of these) might do, if you don't mind heatshrink afterward for safety...

Reply to
whit3rd

That's what I need in insulated. The one I saw was from Europe and it had three male prongs in a row, surrounded by a common greenish plastic shroud.

The job is to distribute power from one 12AWG wire into two. On some I can neck down in AWG and maybe combo-crimp but not for PE. Crimping two

12AWG stranded wires into one connector would be tough.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

ht do, if

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

This?

BTW, I've only seen a double adaptor for a faston. But there might be an oddball automotive adaptor somewhere.

Martin Riddle

You mean something like:

Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd
www.videosolutions.ltd.uk
Reply to
Mike Perkins

Yes, those would work. However, I need the 250VAC rated, not for automotive-only.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Those aren't insulated.

Automotive won't work here, it's a mains app. But thanks for the name, I had forgotten all about Faston. That is one of the main supplies for terminal stuff. I have to check them out.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

No, those aren't insulated. They'd only work for PE.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

TE has loadable connector for inserting Faston style terminasl, But you would have to get the right terminals

Appliance parts suppliers may have something in 240vac flavors too.

Martin Riddle

Search 'Faston Terminal Block' If a screw down will work for you.

Martin Riddle

of

?

ight do, if

how about these instead?

locks/4751437/

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I haven't seen that sort of thing much in the wild.

You sure you can't use a wire nut? Yellow, tan or red should work (the types with the wings).

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Those are the traditional Wago splices. Unfortunately not well marketed in the US. Even Digikey or Mouser don't carry them.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Screw down is a real estate problem but those are very close to the ones I remember. Thanks.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I the US they would fly but are frowned upon in some jurisdictions, with good reason. I'd rather have something more controlled like a crimp connection.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

If you need European acceptance that's pretty limiting for these electrical grade things. Here's one item, but it doesn't appear to have any Euro approvals:

If it's a one-time connection thing, a cheap and really reliable solution is to use a crimp splice connector like these (have to find one large enough for 2x AWG 12):

They're commonly used inside appliances.

Or there is this push-in part from Molex 19430-0002 with plenty of approvals:

0.27 in 100's at Digikey 467 in stock.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Depends on whether they have approval in the main markets. The Wagos Lasse suggested do but hard to purchse in the US:

Worth an inquiry at Wago, maybe there is a US deistrbutor carrying them.

They are good but push-in won't work on stranded wire. Solid 12AWG wire inside a small box would quickly result in joint aches and carpal tunnel issues for the production folks.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Thanks, but that would add proeductions steps and cost. If would be better to use a simple method that can accept stranded wire.