1/4 VGA displays

Hi all,

I have to design a user interface with a 1/4 VGA color LCD of about 3.5 to

4". Can anyone recommend one or more types? I will probably be interfacing with an ARM processor and the display will be operated indoor, so a transmissive type with backlight will probably do. My customer's whish is to use TFT since he was a bit dissapionted with the image quality of a DSTN type.

Any pointers wil be much appreciated.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

You'll have to check the 1/4 vga size types, here but

have a great range of TFT and OLED color displays. Best I've seen recently. One good thing about these displays is the lifetime of the product, they won't just dissappear in a few months. There is a n' year availability guarentee of some description so if your product needs longivity then these are good displays.

Easy to drive and good looking.

The OLED color ones are the best I have seen. Good 1/2 life on the LED brightness as well (55,000hrs I believe). But too small for your project last time I looked. Still nice to play with ;-).

Jim

Jim

If this is a new product design, look at Sharp. They make displays and have SOC based on ARM7/9 with a built-in color lcd controller.

Scott

Reply to
Not Really Me

I am going through this exercise (just started myself). Kyocera makes a very nice TFT display in a wide range of sizes. I would look there but be forewarned that they tend to be pricy, even in big quantities. Sharp also has some nice displays as well in that size. (I *think* the display in the Sony PSP is sharp-you may want to check it out). There are some Tiwanese and Chinese mfg as well, (I cant recall their name,sorry) but I have found their quality to be substandard - altho they are cheap! I'd be interested in receiving any information that you gather...Thanks John

Reply to
John Hudak