Flat Cable Connectors

Hi,

I am in the process of designing a Blackfin DSP board and a PAL/NTSC decoder board. I want to connect these two over a 20pin connector. I've two? options.

1) To mount the decoder directly on the DSP board 2) To use a Flat Ribbon Connector(~15cm length) between them.

The decoder runs at 27MHz with current ratings of 2mA for I/O and 4mA for clocks The DSP board controls the decoder with I2C(current rating ~10uA?). Maximum Load: 200pF

My question is that If I resort to a Flat Cable then will the DSP be able to drive I2C and also what about other effects like Cross-talk, distortion etc and do I need to use Termination Resitors for I/O's also. Thank You.

Reply to
kishore2k4

My guess is the following: if you are worried about crosstalk, then run GND SIG+ SIG- GND sequences where the SIG lines repersent differential driver/receiver of your choice and terminated according to the driver/receiver requirements.

Reply to
Robert Baer