FCC 15, home or office use.

It won't be on tape anyway ! Except as a back-up !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

adverts.

Totally advert free ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

!

These days they simply assume a TV is being used at every address. If you're not using one just say so and they won't bother you much about it.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Do they actually do that any more ?

Yup.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

In message , dated Tue, 29 Aug

2006, Eeyore writes

Yes. As you may expect, there are areas where not so many people buy licences voluntarily. When the density gets high enough, they send round a very visible van. Not only do they get evidence for prosecutions but many others are 'encouraged' to pay up.

They also target students' halls, where every student has to have a licence and many really still do not realise that.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

--
Yeah.  Doesn\'t seem like it would be that much fun most of the
time...

:-) Sounds like a good policy...

I got a ticket some years back and went for the "write a letter to the judge to plead your case and -- hopefully -- get some reduction in the fine," and spent quite some time trying to figure out how to word it such that it sounded repentent without actually implying I wasn't going to speed in the future. :-)

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Last time I got a ticket I had a stinking cold - so I chucked all my used tissues in a bowl with the paperwork I had to send back.

Reply to
ian field

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

The most common source for the data mining is the retailers who sell the gear - by law they have to record the details of everyone who purchases TV equipment!

Reply to
ian field

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

Until a while ago the TVLA used to send me a steady stream of threatening letters, then I realised what was going on - due to a misunderstanding with the supermarket my mother was getting points deducted off her reward card so I gave her mine to use, so every time she bought a DVD or VCR my address got flagged up at the TVLA!

Reply to
ian field

In message , dated Tue, 29 Aug 2006, ian field writes

But the TVs that licence evaders typically use have not been acquired recently from a dealer.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

Presumably that's where the detector vans come in - apparently they also now have hand held detector instruments and TVLA inspectors also apparently have powers of entry & search!!!

Reply to
ian field

What if its bought to be given as a gift, and is used at another location?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Funny how the nation that fought fascism has become ever more fascist.

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

---------------

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

You should see the parking enforcement officers!!!!!

Reply to
ian field

Don't tell me that Benny Hill was lying to us.

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.