FCC Rules

Anybody have a URL to download the FCC Rules by complete chapters? You used to be able to do this through links at the FCC, but now all you get are search windows where you can download text or PDF's by individual rule only. I really want the whole chapter. Actually, several. And I don't want to spend the time to piece PDF's together to make the actual "book".

- Just asking, before I plop down dollars to purchase from the GPO. It's a shame you have to "buy" the laws in this country. Used to be you could just buy the politician.. :)

I need 2, 15, 22 and 24 (Oct '07) if someone has and can email. (Oct

08 if it's avail?) Thanks. -mpm
Reply to
mpm

If you buy the politician, you don't need the rules!

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Treason doth never prosper: what\'s the reason?

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

Go down to "Title 47" and tick the editions you want to search, Then punch the "Continue" button, and then on the next page, put in "Part 15" (or whatever) in the search terms box, and punch the go button.

It will return a search list of possible documents you can download. The sizes are wrong for the pdf version, but not too much bigger.

Wow, part 15 is up to 108 pages now. But, at least today, it's the

2007 version.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

=BDActually,

ether

GPO.

to be

=BD(Oct

Thanks Mike, but unless I'm missing something, you have to download those pages rule-by-rule. I really want the Rule parts all in one document. Otherwise, I have to past several hundred PDF pages together by hand.

Reply to
mpm

Apparently they did away with the entire sections, either to make it eaiser to update, or to reduce server loading. I don't see any easy way, except to open & save each page you need.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

put together a script to wget all the pdfs into a folder View->Page Source to get all the URLs' to the pdfs. then do something like this to combine them into a single pdf.

Not sure what OS the OP is using.

--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, Tx.

Tried that, got as far as "Combine in Adobe Acrobat", the got "Can't find acrobat.exe", though I have Adobe Acrobat v7.1.0 installed.

(WinXP SP2)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Scratching my butt and thinking DOS... does XP still have some residual peculiarities such that "Combine..." needs Acrobat's location in PATH??

...Jim Thompson

Turns out you can (in v7.1.0) do that from _within_ Acrobat... in the "Create PDF" section.

Don't know why it isn't working from Windows Explorer, but it sure beats "Insert Pages" which is the way I've always done it before, when I'm building a report or design review.

...Jim Thompson

=BDActually,

ther

GPO.

o be

=BD(Oct

he

Thanks Mark!! That did the trick.

I had to do this same thing a few years back and could not remember how to do it. I guess the trick is you have to ignore most of the results hits and look for the one that seems to be the entire chapter. Very helpful to know the text title of the particular chapter, of course...

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Not really sure. I used this method a couple of months ago but was using rdesktop and a windows server with full version of Acrobat installed. I'm not sure how things were setup on the server. All I have here on my XP box is the free version. Normally I live in Linux land.

I found another tool that works with XP, pdftk (

) I just tried it on a XP and seem to work ok, but it's command line only. Just unzip and run the exe from a cmd window. There are some examples in the readme but to combine all the pdfs in a directory into a new pdf you use:

pdftk.exe *.pdf cat output combined.pdf

Of course if the file name wild carding does not put the pdfs in the correct order you just name them individually on the command line.

--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, Tx.
Money for Nothing, Houses for Free
Reply to
Joe Chisolm

On windows wildcards are the responsability of the program (not the command-line) and getting a predictable response (especially in a busy directory) isn't common. best to name them, use a GUI, or script them somwhow.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts