FCC 15, home or office use.

In message , dated Tue, 22 Aug

2006, Genome writes

I don't understand. I'm not asking for anything, I just explained the EMC Directive, that's all.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

No you aren't. You can only do that in America. Over here it has to be CE compliant.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore

That's a standard, not a regulation though.

This is the law.................... Statutory Instrument 2005 No. 281 The Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2005

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Over the Atlantic Ocean ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

When my father had Ham Radio, he used to install 'Drake-2B' IIRC, filters on the neighbors TVs. One guy, however, liked just listening in and asked my father if his TV could be fixed so he could also hear the other Ham operator!

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

True enough, but passing one of the myriad standards (or more than one) is a requirement for CE, of course :)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

He was correct, but the FCC expects hams to be helpful by at least offering advice about the problem with your (poorly designed) audio system.

If you had complained to the FCC, he might have received a nastygram from them.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

Look, shit for f*ck, this is my thread and you can go f*ck off due to lack of anything useful.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Quite so. Although a search for IEC or EN gets zero matches.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

You'll find plenty of useful posts of mine in this thread actually. Do you need some consultancy ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Sure.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Is there an english version available?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

LOL ! I know exactly how you feel. There's not even a single reference to IEC, EN or BSEN in the entire document either.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

"Eeyore" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHIS.hotmail.com...

I see some replies but nothing useful.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

snipified

Any links to diy emc testing for (semi-pro) audio products, or emc test company who understands audio?

Major Bloodnok said : Open your wallets, and say after me:

"Help yourself"

Cos I've got a bun in the oven that may need tweaking

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

--
Quite good, then.

Children shouldn\'t be allowed to play with matches.
Reply to
John Fields

--
Shirley, you must be joking.

The only thing useful about you is when you\'re used as a good
example of a bad example.
Reply to
John Fields

Do feel free to ask away.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Any help here ?

I used to get the printed magazine. It was quite informative.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore